Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maine Landlocked Salmon/Trout Fishing??

Anyone ever been?

We have a slight last minute trip and are leaving next week.

We will stop at Kittery Trading Post or Cabelas for stuff and may order some stuff tomorrow on Amazon.

Maybe some type of package lots with multiple spoons and lures in the packages?

Is 6'8-7'6 medium fast action rods with Lews bait caster reels with 20lbs braided line ok for casting, drifting, and trolling

Pair them with Fluorocarbon leaders?

I have been googling a lot but wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no help as we were ice fishing as a kid..but Kittery Trading Post was awesome. Always liked going there

Comment

Never fished there in particular but my experience with trout (rainbow and brown) is that usually you will need to use much lighter gear. When using spinning reels, we use ultra light rods with 6# line and 2-4# leaders. If we are chasing browns in particular we will use a bit heavier line. I could be way off for the trout you are chasing. Good luck!

Comment

Fished there for years but all fly fishing

Comment

Talk to them at Kittery Trading Post. Didn't do any fishing, but was at Kittery trading Post. Great people there. It was our first time in Maine, spent almost two weeks in the area. Lovely place and great food.

Comment

I moved from there. What part are you going to? KTP will have all of your answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
              I moved from there. What part are you going to? KTP will have all of your answers.

We are headed to Pierce Pond

Leave next Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                We are headed to Pierce Pond

Leave next Wednesday

Awesome. Flying into Portland or Boston? That pond might only have brook trout. I'd personally only do small and large mouth bass fishing, but KTP can fill you in more. I think you could drive over to the Saco River to fish, but they have the info over there for you.

Comment

Or the Kennebec

Comment

Working...
                  X