No announcement yet.

Bad Winchester Super X shotgun ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While Winchester Super X is cheap ammo I have never had an issue shooting it or with it ejecting.

BTW, the low brass is normal for light dove and clay loads.

Comment

My 870 won't shoot Winchester or Federal but my 1100 will shoot them fine.

Comment

My buddy and I both shoot 870's and have had the exact same problem. There is nothing more frustrating then buying a new gun and being limited to certain types of ammo. I will never buy another Remington shot gun again because of this. We even took ours into their recommended repair shop and they just blamed it on the ammo and would not do anything about it.

Comment

It's the gun, not the ammo.

Comment

BTA, what shot size is it? What do you want for the 6 boxes?

Comment

My o/u is very picky like a semi auto. I have to buy the better shells or it won't even break over or eject the shells.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                I've shot about 8 cases of it through my beretta 390 with only 2 problems. Maybe you got a bad batch or your bore needs attention but I'll be sticking with it.
                The beretta has chrome lined barrels and chamber. Not much will stick in them. Been a well known problem in Remington 870's. Not the guns fault but sometimes polishing the first half inch or so of the chamber will help. I've done it using Flitz polishing paste and it helped.

Comment

Aggie2000tx pm sent.

Comment

Junk man, aggie spoke first but your second in line if he doesn't want them.

Comment

just let me know, I am in Flower Mound.

Comment

I've had 870s and also my current 1100 won't shoot the Win super X if they are the sucky 7/8 or 1 oz loads. I never go below 1-1/8 oz anymore. Never had a prob with the Rem sure shots 1-1/8 oz 7-1/2s at academy, they are $60 a case ad I also use the Rios in the same oz and shot size when I can find them. They are usually the same price as the Rems. They are blue shelled so they are easier to find most times when you have to pick up hulls.

Comment

Originally posted by HHT View Post
                          It's the gun, not the ammo.
                          ... It's the cheap ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                            ... It's the cheap ammo.
                            I've shot thousands...yea thousands of these no problems. Bought a new 870 a few years ago that wouldn't pump low, or high brass for any brand. And the chamber cut out was too small to eject most 3 1/2 shells...and it was a MAG..

Remington 870's aint the battle axe wingmasters of old and aint no shell what they used tobe

Comment

rio's. nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                I've shot thousands...yea thousands of these no problems. Bought a new 870 a few years ago that wouldn't pump low, or high brass for any brand. And the chamber cut out was too small to eject most 3 1/2 shells...and it was a MAG..

Remington 870's aint the battle axe wingmasters of old and aint no shell what they used tobe
                                I'll agree with you on the 870 subject, I haven't shot any new ones but when academy can sell them for $299 today, they gotta be getting cheap. I remember the mags having a prob with the small eject port, friend of mine had one that did that. I couldn't get over the metal sliding tab on the receiver to close the hole when it was forward. Guess they couldn't figure out how to make a longer receiver fit in there so they just put in a standard size one and jerry rigged that little cover on there. As for the low oz loads, you and other people that have good luck with them must have just bought that special shotgun that will eat anything you put in it. My 1100 is 15 yrs old and I've shot them out of older family guns (1100s, 11-87s and 870s, 20s and 12s) and no good luck. So its prob a Remington thing for one and its not just the new ones. Even had friends in college whose benellis and Brownings wouldn't cycle them either so that's why I've always considered them crap. They may be good for occasional shooters and anyone who has the gun to shoot them but I'll always pay the extra $10/case or so to make sure I don't have any boo-boos when it counts.

Comment

Working...
                                X