Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way over spined

Comment

I'm shooting cheap *** Beman arrows from Academy. I cut the vanes off, cleaned and polished the spine, and refletched with feathers. The arrow selector on their website says I should possibly be using a 500 spine.

The guys at West Houston Archery also recommended a 400 spine, but the brand of arrow they sell lists it as a 250.

Comment

I don't know what info they had that I do not but I can tell you this:

If your bow is in fact 45# at 28" and your DL is 27", then you are pulling about 42# at your DL and that arrow is way too stiff to ever tune well.

That is not all that big of a deal if you are a newbie. If you are just starting with trad, a lot of things will probably change as you learn proper form. Right now you just need an arrow that shoots good enough that you cannot se any obvious wobble.

Bisch

Comment

Get with some trad guys and do some shooting. You will learn faster and waste a lot less money. The arrows you are shooting are way to stiff for your bow.

Comment

Deb is right try and get with some trad guys or gals and you'll pick a lot up instantly, I'd be looking at .600's or .500's with a lot more tip weight

You are on your way just asking..... Ask away!!

Comment

Ok thanks for all the help! The broadhead that I have are 125gr Muzzy's. So for a limited budget do you recommend staying with the same arrows and buying heavier broadheads or keeping the broadheads I have and getting 500 or 600 spine arrows?

Won't get a chance to shoot tonight but I will see how my broadheads fly compared to the field tips tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jreyna920 View Post
                Deb is right try and get with some trad guys or gals and you'll pick a lot up instantly, I'd be looking at .600's or .500's with a lot more tip weight

You are on your way just asking..... Ask away!!
                .500s would be a much better option and even then you'll likely have to load up the front end to get them flying right. Also, the Samick Sage seems to prefer a brace height somewhere in the 8-8.5" range (mine likes to be right at 8.25"). Good luck, it's not hard but it does take a little time getting familiar with how to tune a trad bow and a lot of persistence to get your form consistent.

Comment

Working...
                X