No announcement yet.

How do YOU hunt a pop up blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 - I have shot turkeys at 3-4yds thru the mesh! And I don't know how many deer and pigs!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
      I shoot right thru the Double Bull mesh with Rage Extreme's. I have never had a problem. The Extreme's have a blade on the tip and goes right thru the mesh. I have been shooting thru mesh for 10'years in south Texas and as long as your bow is tuned and keep shots under 30 I have had no problems. Wear all black shirts with black gloves and black face mask and you can get away with a lot of movement in the blind.
      Why would you need a black gloves and facemask if you are shooting thru the mesh??? They can't see you thru the mesh anyway! If you are shooting thru the mesh, all you need is dark colored clothes. I have tested it, and if you have a white shirt on, it can sometimes be seen thru the mesh, but any dark colored shirt cannot be seen, along with uncovered hands and face thru the mesh.

Bisch
      Last edited by Bisch; 01-18-2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I wear a face mask and black gloves. You can get away with it early in the morning or near dark. But during daylight I have had deer pic up movement when drawing or moving in the blind. If sunlight is shining into the blind they can pic you off. I have looked from the outside while my dad drew his bow and you can see movement with white hands and an uncovered face. That is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
          I like to pull the mesh out and just open the window part way. Give myself just enough clearance to get my sight picture and let the arrow clear the window flap.
          I usually close all but 1 or 2 windows to make it as dark as I can.
          This is how I prefer to do it. My pop ups the windows open from bottom to top so I roll them up just enough to see and have arrow clear blind. The mesh goes from top down, so I can keep the mesh up except for the hole I shoot thru.

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          #3 for me. Looking through mesh messes up my depth peception. My eyes are not the greatest in low light to start with and all mesh reduces my shooting time by 15 minutes
          This ^^^^^^

Originally posted by santafehillbily View Post
          i leave the mesh tight and shoot threw. close all the back windows to make it dark in the tent. i wear polarized sunglasses it helps with depth perception, and any glare on the mesh. the mesh almost disappears with the glasses
          I will have to try this. Thanks for the pointer..

I always wear a dark shirt, and either thin gloves or I put black face paint on the back of my hands. If it's warm, I use face paint, if cool I use a Buff. I always sit in a corner and try to keep it as dark as I can. I've killed Aoudad, deer, pigs and turkeys as close as 4 yards.

I love pop ups, it is so cool to me to be that close and looking the animal in the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
            I like to pull the mesh out and just open the window part way. Give myself just enough clearance to get my sight picture and let the arrow clear the window flap.
            I usually close all but 1 or 2 windows to make it as dark as I can.
            This works for me...black facemask and gloves and black shirt..

Comment

How do YOU hunt a pop up blind?

I hunt from turtle blinds, rhino pop ups & Krivoman blinds. I set up in the back corner sitting on a chair. In my pop ups I open only one oval window with no mesh! I look thru the bigger window to the left with the mesh up. They can't see crap. I can get to full draw without them seeing me. Lend a few inches to my right to the open window and it's over. I have my corn from 3'-15' away. I wear black shirts & black face mask. All my blinds are black inside. Been doing it like this since 2000.

Comment

From my turtles & Krivoman just open the one or two of the front windows. Sit back & enjoy Mother Nature.

More pop up pics.

Comment

Mostly, I leave the mesh up, but I don't like that it limits visibility late in the afternoon.

Comment

I have mine sitting on top of a hay ring, about 4-5ft off the ground, 2 windows halfway open to shoot out of, no mesh, everything else closed and I wear a black sweater/jacket and black mask.

this was my first year with it elevated and I think it helped tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      Sit all the way back, just far enough from the back wall my elbow doesn't hit on draw. Leave open the window on the side I expect to shoot from. Black shirt, gloves and baklava. I don't shoot through the mesh. I have before. There is a reason I don't.
                      going through mesh has worked for me before but this sir is my prefered method also. Black it out and i leave a small section of window completely unobstructed and sit far back in the hole. last thre seasons ive killed some great bucks from 10 to 15 yards away. Its intense!!!!!

Comment

I leave the mesh open on shooting lane and the rest stay shut.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
                          I wear a face mask and black gloves. You can get away with it early in the morning or near dark. But during daylight I have had deer pic up movement when drawing or moving in the blind. If sunlight is shining into the blind they can pic you off. I have looked from the outside while my dad drew his bow and you can see movement with white hands and an uncovered face. That is just my opinion.
                          This^^^
                          I experimented a few times this year with deer at 10-15 yds. No mask nor gloves. I would slowly raise my uncovered hands and they would pick them up at times through the mesh. Past 15 yds no problem.

Comment

#4 for me.

Comment

Working...
                            X