Man cuts off finger from Diamond Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man cuts off finger from Diamond Bow

A Holliday man is suing Academy Sports and Outdoors on claims that a negligently-serviced compound bow severed his thumb.

I'm calling bull crap that he was just putting his bow back in the case with his thumb in the cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most surprising part of that story is that there is an Academy that actually services bows.

Comment

Thumbs up

Comment

Good lawyer for Academy should be able to nix that

1) How do you prove that it was their repair that caused that? too many variables

2) I have never had my thumb through a cam putting bow in case, most of the time I have it by the grip or some other location on the riser.

Thinking plantif did something stupid and now wants somebody else to pay for his stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
          Thumbs up
          Lol

Comment

I have never even heard of a bow being drawn back and the cams locking in place, much less the string losing all tension. sounds like a crock of $#!%to me

Comment

Not buying into that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ETX_REAPER View Post
                  I have never even heard of a bow being drawn back and the cams locking in place, much less the string losing all tension. sounds like a crock of $#!%to me
                  Oh it can happen! I forget which models allow for this, but certain cams can over draw and go to 0# and lock in place. And then you have a ticking time bomb.

Comment

Was he using a Rage?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post

Comment

Yep not Academy's nor the bow manufactures fault. Every manufactures manual as a extensive list of warnings that I promise he did not follow nor read. Although rare, a derailed string can happen to even the nicest of bows. This is a negligent owner who did not use commons sense. It may or may have not been faulty or services were not performed correctly but this man simply failed to follow safe practices. As well as the story does not add up. This is the equivalent of buying a gun, firing pin failing and staring down the barrel to see if it goes off when you pull the trigger. Ignorance is not bliss nor places full blame on the service provider nor the manufacture.. DONT PUT YOUR FINGERS IN THE CAMS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, that guy really messed up. Got the ball rolling down hill and wasn't able to stop it. Lost his thumb, infected thumb area, amputate the infected area, broke his porcelain while getting anesthesia, etc. LOL that's rough! I doubt he's going to win that case.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                            Oh it can happen! I forget which models allow for this, but certain cams can over draw and go to 0# and lock in place. And then you have a ticking time bomb.
                            I wonder why a bow manufacturer would even allow for this to be able to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by ETX_REAPER View Post
                              it has happened, i have seen it several times , most particularly with bowtechs, but also with a rytera alien x,,,, the cam can over rotate if the stop is wrong of missing,,,, darned dangerous too

Comment

Working...
                              X