Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein

How much feed have u guys gone through? Has July been slow for y'all?

From April til the end of June, they had hit our protein hard. We were filling five different 300lb free choice feeders every two weeks.

Right at the end of June first of July, it slowed down incredibly.

Comment

Deer are hammering protein at our place in San Saba. Put out 30 bags week and a half ago. Over half gone this week. Been on it hard for awhile now.

Comment

Down south we have gone through about 12k a month with the exception of this last month only went through 9k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
          From April til the end of June, they had hit our protein hard. We were filling five different 300lb free choice feeders every two weeks.

Right at the end of June first of July, it slowed down incredibly.
          You need bigger feeders!

Comment

Mine seem to have slowed down on the pellets but are hitting the cottonseed harder.

Comment

3k pounds a month. They are eating every drop in 4 weeks. Last year my feeders were lasting 6 weeks. They have hit it hard this summer in Gillespie County. Like most we have plenty of natural forage this year but the bucks have hammered the protein.

Comment

They are hammering it across the Red probably need to do another fill in a few days .

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                  Mine seem to have slowed down on the pellets but are hitting the cottonseed harder.

Same here.

Comment

June/July been strangely slow for me. We have had a 12 month monsoon and some new clear cuts, figure that has a lot to do with it. Have went from 2 tons a month (2 feeders) to less than a ton this year (in mountains)

My river bottom deer are about the same though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                      Same here.

Comment

July and August are always big months for us for both protein and cottonseed. The big bucks dominate the protein feeders and the younger bucks and does hammer the cottonseed feeders.

Comment

Deer are hammering the protein feed right now, it’s dry as a bone at the lease

Comment

20K lbs. so far this year in Gillespie County on 800 acres

Comment

We’ve been really keeping track this year.
                              1200 acres
                              Started in January.
                              11k pounds
                              6 weeks to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X