6.5 creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 creedmoor

What do you think about it for hunting will be a all around gun yotes and pigs all the way to mulies and elk . Let me know what you think

With the right bullet and good shot placement, you're good to go

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
      With the right bullet and good shot placement, you're good to go
      Any personal experience taking game with one?

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
        Enough experience with one to know you'll kill anything on your list pretty handily, as long as you don't gut shoot any of the elk or deer. (Haven't shot an elk yet with it, but have successfully killed several with a 2506.) Works very well on mulies.

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
          Took mine elk hunting but had no shots

It kills really big pigs bang flop

Comment

Never had one but have had most everything else was wanting similar to my 7mm-08 but different at the same time. Kinda a fill the void between 22250 2506 308 270 3006 708

Comment

Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
              Enough experience with one to know you'll kill anything on your list pretty handily, as long as you don't gut shoot any of the elk or deer. (Haven't shot an elk yet with it, but have successfully killed several with a 2506.) Works very well on mulies.
              Elk will be a very rare chance but thank you for the input ot will mostly be for deer and pigs what do you all think would be a good mid range bullet for a do all one

Comment

143 ELDX

haven't shot an elk with one but wouldn't hesitate if presented with a good broadside shot under 300yards.

A solid rest is a must.

Comment

Big boars are a good test for bullets and ammo.
                  We have killed a lot of pigs with a CM and 129 grain hornadys
                  Like a .243, it’s fun and easy to shoot well.

Comment

I have had nothing but success with my CM. I have a kimber mountain ascent and absolutely love it. Killed three deer last year and several pigs and a bobcat. Mine shoots hornady 143 grain the best. My wife used it last year to kill her first deer every and at 96 yards he folded up. I bought her a 6.5 browning xbolt gold medallion this year. Can’t go wrong with it. I’m just no help on the bigger game aspect, sorry.

Comment

Bang flops here each time. Better buy two because your wife or gf will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                        Bang flops here each time. Better buy two because your wife or gf will love it.

With which bullet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't have one and never shot one. Was curious about the 6.5CM and looked around for info before. I'll try and find the article I read where a lot of experts don't like the CM for hunting purposes. I know you'll find some who swear by it but there are better rounds out there. It's just the latest fad...

Comment

everything I have shot with mine has fell right where I shot it (big pigs/deer/varmints).

Comment

Just check your freezer after purchase, the meat will be in there. Your taxidermist will be in touch shortly thereafter..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X