TBH Youth Cowboys and Cowgirls 2019 rodeo dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    The reason I ask is every arena is different. For example a 15.3 in Marble will win or place at the rodeo where as a 15.3 in Llano won't get a check at most rodeos. I don't put much on times but what they clock at different arenas
    True. I honestly don’t know how much they have hauled this horse and to where. I know it has/is being hauled and doing well. This by far will be a more automatic barrel horse than my daughter has ever had. We shall see I guess tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
      True. I honestly don’t know how much they have hauled this horse and to where. I know it has/is being hauled and doing well. This by far will be a more automatic barrel horse than my daughter has ever had. We shall see I guess tomorrow.
      Send me videos 830 798 7756

Comment

Well we had a great time at the Texas Circuit Finals last night but long trip back to the house. Abbey rode the horse that we went to look at. She liked the horse but at the end of the day it did not come home with us. The deal is not over though apparently so time will tell.

Comment

Well we had a great time at the Texas Circuit Finals last night but long trip back to the house. Abbey rode the horse that we went to look at. She liked the horse but at the end of the day it did not come home with us. The deal is not over though apparently so time will tell.
          Don't rush it. When it happens and you find the fit it will work.

Comment

Last edited by BrandonA; 01-06-2019, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Had a young man ,18-19yrs old just getting started riding ( 2yrs) I've been trying to help send me a video of him riding. He actually got on bull that finally weighed maybe 1000lbs. And he got 2 jumped. When I tried to tell him its not size but fundamentals he replied bet you never got on one that big while learning. This was my reply.. These two I was 13 and 16. The second pic I was the first person to Ride this one in Two yrs. it's not the size of the bull but size of your heart and basics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	24567004
              Last edited by BrandonA; 01-07-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I think this might have been the biggest Bull I ever got on. He was bigger than Ockachobbee Fats and bucked similar. Lester Meier sold him to Mesquite rodeo and I believe he went to the NFR . Bobby Burger who was judging came over to me before the rodeo and gave a me a pep talk and after that no way I was gonna get bucked off. If a World Champion hall of famer had that much confidence in me then I wasnt gonna hit the ground until the buzzer. Changed everything for me.

[ATTACH]
                [/ATTACH]
                Attached Files
                Last edited by BrandonA; 01-07-2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Some girl told Riley her goal is to beat her to smitherines in barrels. Riley got fired up and I told Riley that's a compliment that they are gunning for her. But like I told Riley it's not a competition between you and the individual it's a competition between you, Gator, Lucy and the areana. Don't make it personal. Go do your job and ride your horses and the end results will decide. In rodeo we get so caught up of beating the guy/girl in front we forget the compition isn't with them but within us. Go make your best run , best ride and do your part. The judges/clock will decide. Focus on giving your perfect effort. We are getting ready for the Patriot and American and I keep telling Riley to just make your run. Don't worry about the names on the day sheets. You are there for a reason.
                  Last edited by BrandonA; 01-17-2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

That’s right Brandon.

We are headed to ride another horse tomorrow after school. Should be interesting. The search continues

Comment

That’s right Brandon.

We are headed to ride another horse tomorrow after school. Should be interesting. The search continues
                      Did you call Pete and Brandi?

Comment

Did you call Pete and Brandi?
                        Yes I spoke with Brandi. The horse they have is super nice but still green

Comment

Can't wait to watch Riley run at the American. Sarah and I are going to look at horse this weekend that friend saved from a kill pen. He knew the horse and it was a good breakaway horse. Hopefully it will fit Sarah so I have a horse at my place for her to ride. She finally started riding again and said she is ready to start competing again this spring. I need to bring Sarah out at some point so she can ride with Riley.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            SmTX got it right. The title and body changed several times during a short period.[emoji41]

And the only drink I had was nyquil[emoji51]. Sick as a dawg here.[emoji2959]

F5 much? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Skinny

Comment

That’s right Brandon.

Not sure if this is any help but you may wish to contact some reining trainers and see what they have. There are good solid horses for sale that may not make the top end reiners but they have a huge solid foundation on them that you could then take on to do the rodeo events on. Often times the owners are willing to except a reasonable offer on as they want to move on to the next young horse they are looking for. Most Reining trainers won't sell you a horse that is not kid safe, they will tell you its too much horse. Doesn't mean its a bad horse, just that its got a big motor and uses it. You can search Facebook for reining horses for discussion and there are lots of horses and trainers up there. Also Pilot Point Texas is the reining trainer capital of the world and if you go up there and talk to a few of them they all network to get a horse sold to the right youth many times.

Good Luck.

Ranchdog
                              Last edited by ranchdog; 01-18-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Awesome!!! What's this horse clock? While at the Finals watch these 2 guys, Lane McGehee and Leighton Berry. Both bought their Rookie Card this yr and I bet they finish 1-2 in rookie race, with Lane winning rookie and making his first NFR. I rodeoed with both their dads and they are good kids. Riley has a crush I think on Lane. Here they are in stonewall this year.

[ATTACH]940551[/ATTACH]
                                Who is Lane's father? Carl Lee by chance?

Comment

Working...
                                X