Which Caliber for my Hybrid Can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Caliber for my Hybrid Can

I’m trying to figure out which gun would be best for this can. I’ve got 300 Weatherby, 300 RUM or 30-3078 Weatherby.

Which should I put it on?

It'll do fine on any of those. If it was me, I would put it on which ever one hits your shoulder the hardest. None of them are going to be particularly quiet.

Comment

Yep. Which will it quiet the most?

Comment

Pretty much going to be about the same with a little difference to barrel length. Supersonic is all supersonic for the most part though. Basically, the BOOM at the muzzle will be gone with all of them, but the supersonic crack from the projectile will be about the same with all of them as well.

Comment

The heavier the powder load the better the braking effect. The 30-378 should have the greatest reduction in recoil.

Comment

OP
            Try the can on each individual rifle. Those cartridges are so close together that you won’t be able to tell the difference in the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
              OP
              Try the can on each individual rifle. Those cartridges are so close together that you won’t be able to tell the difference in the sound.
              I’m sure I’ll end up doing this but didn’t want to get them all threaded to accept the can. But you’re right I know I’m gonna end up doing just that.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
                The heavier the powder load the better the braking effect. The 30-378 should have the greatest reduction in recoil.
                Good to know. I’m now convinced the best move is to get all three set up for the can.

Comment

Working...
                X