I was gonna bid on this swift...however

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
    historical collectors with deep pockets have no value of money, it's an ego thing

$4600 for NIB 1st yr production (1992) Swift ... crazy $$$

this is what I think will happen .... probably bought by an older gentleman wanting to add to his large collection of firearms. Will eventually pass away and the estate / family will sell his entire collection through James Julia.

see link and be sure to check out lot 2010 https://jamesdjulia.com/auction/spri...age=1&aucPP=25
    I represented an estate that did exactly this a few years back. It was sad to see an awesome collection get broken up and sold. However, when you’re staring at original engraved various pistols, Colt Walkers, etc., how do you make sure it’s fair when you parcel it out to the heirs? All in all, it’s the only choice for an executor.

Comment

Wow! I have been a Swift fan for 35+ years but darn sure could not justify picking up this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        Think I would rather put it into a deluxe pre-64!!

Holy slimy snots...12 days to go and already at $2k?? The collectable market always amazes me.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/762609581
        $4600 is crazy.
        Last edited by captainsling; 04-19-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Man, I would have put that in the $1500 range. Ooooof.

Comment

Well...if anybody 'has' to have one!!

Honestly, as a collector & had to have it I (and the winning bidder of the $4k gun) would/should fork over another 10 bones to have the original box. It is amazing how having the original packaging is the better long term investment if paying top dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
              $4600 is crazy.
              Yeah...lol, I saw 4100 when I posted. It would be dumb not to get the other one with the box if it's indeed as nice!!
              Last edited by Artos; 04-19-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Reminds me if those art collectors and celebrity items that are auctioned.

Now if it was a 6.5 CM, that’s different !

Comment

Working...
                  X