Concrete work question.... home foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
    10 bucks a square foot seems to be an average price for an average foundation.
    This is about what I paid

Comment

Like others said, soil analysis first. Price your work out with this gentleman once you've had foundation designed. He does lots of work in your area and is very reasonable. Mr. Valasquez (979) 482-7430

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
        Doesn't mean you got a good product.
        Lol I would be saying the same thing if I was saying I couldnt do it for under 8.50 Your more than welcome to come out and take a look sometime You still between LH and Leander?

Comment

Doesn't mean you got a good product.

You also have to remember the location of the work. Blood trailer might live in the aggregate capital of the southern USA. Two of the largest aggregate quarries In The country are in central Texas.

Comment

Can't wait for the guy to post "got mine done for $6.00 a sqft". I do it for a living and can't do it for less than $8.50. I would get a design and engineering done then send it out for pricing.
            PM Me I help run a trucking company out of Georgetown. Could possibly save you some money on your fill material.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
              You also have to remember the location of the work. Blood trailer might live in the aggregate capital of the southern USA. Two of the largest aggregate quarries In The country are in central Texas.
              I work out of North Austin/Leander. I'm not arguing to argue. I just know what it cost to build a quality foundation. Look at it this way. Sidewalk goes for roughly $4.00 a sqft in Central Texas. You are telling me you can get a quality slab for $2.00 more? With fill, beams, rebar etc it just doesn't add up. Again I do this for a living. I just poured a 4,000 sq ft shop for myself and I know what it cost to me to do it right. I would be sceptical of a $6.00 slab in for a house. If you said your poured it for a shop and maybe cut some corners I could see getting closer to the $6 range.

Comment

I work out of North Austin/Leander. I'm not arguing to argue. I just know what it cost to build a quality foundation. Look at it this way. Sidewalk goes for roughly $4.00 a sqft in Central Texas. You are telling me you can get a quality slab for $2.00 more? With fill, beams, rebar etc it just doesn't add up. Again I do this for a living. I just poured a 4,000 sq ft shop for myself and I know what it cost to me to do it right. I would be sceptical of a $6.00 slab in for a house. If you said your poured it for a shop and maybe cut some corners I could see getting closer to the $6 range.
                Like I said your more than welcome to come take a look.I can take you and show you plenty of house slabs in the 6-7 range in the area. Now mine is flat, think there was only a foot of drop between the front and back. Ours is 3600 and BILs is right at 4200 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                  Like I said your more than welcome to come take a look.I can take you and show you plenty of house slabs in the 6-7 range in the area. Now mine is flat, think there was only a foot of drop between the front and back. Ours is 3600 and BILs is right at 4200 I believe.
                  I would have been at $8.48 sq ft on your slab. I did quick math and just did a 60X60 slab with 480 LF of 2' beams. Beams would have been on 20' centers. Price would have included select fill, concrete pump, etc. My actual cost would have been around $6.50.

Comment

Blood trailer who did your concrete?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      too much ridin on it...so to speak.
                      dah dun dun... TSSS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster1 View Post
                        Blood trailer who did your concrete?
                        Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                          Like others said, soil analysis first. Price your work out with this gentleman once you've had foundation designed. He does lots of work in your area and is very reasonable. Mr. Valasquez (979) 482-7430
                          Thanks for the number and thanks for all the information! Want to do it the correct way

Comment

Location has everything to do with slab specs and cost. I've been in the business for almost 25 years and slabs run $5.50 - $6.50 per sqft where I live. Get an engineered drawing. Cry once and pay once !

Comment

Originally posted by jimned View Post
                              Finished one in Abilene in July. Concrete $7.50/ square foot ( total not just heated and cooled ) my 2244 foot had 3500 square feet of concrete. Plumbing $8500 /A/C $6300 Elec. $8900. Hope this helps. On the concrete I did put 18" wide by 36" deep grade beams.
                              Great information.... thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X