Lowe’s feeders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowe’s feeders?

Does anyone have any experience with the stand and fill feeders that all the Lowe’s grocery stores sell? Trying to decide between one of them or the Bucee’s ASF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad bought a few of them and has great luck out of them. Decent price too if I remember correctly.

Comment

I have both. The one from Lowe’s is 3 years old and still on the same battery. I got the ASF just this fall

Comment

Me and a buddy of mine have 2 each. Been running for 3 years with no major issues. We did replace the normal spinner with an eliminator plate. The varmint guards don’t keep squirrels out. But that was a simple fix.

Comment

Riverrat1 and I have 6 of them. Other than one racoon messing up a solar panel they have been great.

Comment

I have Lowe’s and ASF. I like ASF better because the squirrels get into the varmint cage and the ASF Timer is easier to setup. Other than that they do the same thing. If I was buying again and they were sitting next to one another and the price difference wasn’t much I would go with ASF.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

I’m on year 3 with my TJ 350 (Lowe’s Grocery) behind the house. No mechanical issues. Still original battery and shows full. Paint on feeders isn’t great, tends to fade quickly. Need to drill small drain hole in bottom of legs to prevent water getting trapped, freezing, and splitting leg. Other than that, pleased with reliability.

Comment

What brand are these ? Who makes them ?

Comment

I have one of their road feeders and it works great... One small note of caution... the pricing is not consistent from one Lowe's to the other... When I went to buy the road feeder, I'd checked pricing at the Lowe's in Freer (a big Lowe's). My lease is closer to Hebbronville. When I went into town, I stopped in the Hebbronville Lowe's to buy the feeder... It was $50.00 higher there than the Lowe's in Freer... I talked to the manager and she would not come off her price... I drove to Freer and got it...

All of that to say, before you buy, call around and check pricing... might save yourseff a few bucks...

Comment

I'm on my 3rd year with the 600 pound feeder from TJ Outdoors and it's still on the same battery as well.

I've had one issue with mine. The included solar panel was wired backwards so when I hooked it up to the battery it fried the wires. And my fingers! I hooked it up multiple times to make sure I didn't do something incorrectly and it still fried the wires and my fingers each time. I took the solar panel back to the manufacturer since they are real close to where I live and they gave me a new one. No questions asked and didn't charge me either.

The paint does fade pretty quick, but that's not a problem for me. I don't like shiny hunting stuff. We are converting all our feeders to stand and fill little by little. When it comes time I'll buy another for sure.

Comment

I have one and no complaints so far

Comment

What does a 600lb one cost? Cheaper or same as ASF ($600)

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            I have one of their road feeders and it works great... One small note of caution... the pricing is not consistent from one Lowe's to the other... When I went to buy the road feeder, I'd checked pricing at the Lowe's in Freer (a big Lowe's). My lease is closer to Hebbronville. When I went into town, I stopped in the Hebbronville Lowe's to buy the feeder... It was $50.00 higher there than the Lowe's in Freer... I talked to the manager and she would not come off her price... I drove to Freer and got it...

All of that to say, before you buy, call around and check pricing... might save yourseff a few bucks...
                            Good to know. I live in Bandera, so I'm sure they're on the higher end of the spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                              Good to know. I live in Bandera, so I'm sure they're on the higher end of the spectrum.
                              I purchased mine at the Bandera store. I checked the Lowe's in Comfort and it was the same price. I also checked the Lowe's in Ozona on my way to the lease and it was the same price as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X