Trigger Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger Question

If you could run any trigger in an AR primarily utilized for CQB/Self defense.....what would you run and pro/cons?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trigger that comes in it.
    Why?
    In the scenario as presented you'd want a heavier pull trigger. When faced with a tease or stressful situation we tend to clench or muscles in prison preparation for action. The includes hands and fingers. Too light of a trigger increases the possibility of an accidental discharge.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by ETX-Deerslayer View Post
      If you could run any trigger in an AR primarily utilized for CQB/Self defense.....what would you run and pro/cons?

Thanks!

I love my rock river arms 2 stage trigger.. I've shot the heck out of that rifle so i know the feel of it.. its about 4.5lbs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Geissele....period. Either the Geissele Super Semi Auto (SSA) or the Super Dynamic Combat (SDC). The SSA is like having two triggers in one IMO. It’s light enough for target applications, yet extremely capable in CQB combat situations.
        That being said, I don’t shoot bowed curved triggers much anymore since I’ve become accustomed to the Super Dynamic Combat (SDC) with the flat trigger face. It’s by far my favorite as I just feel like it breaks cleaner and resets quicker than most others. Like the SSA it is a two stage that goes from around 2.3 for the first half of travel and a consistent 1.2 pounds at the break.

Whatever you decide, if you go from a typical curved trigger to the flat trigger face...be patient. Muscle memory is hard to break and if there’s a downside to the flat face trigger, it’s that (because it’s so light) it takes some shooters time to get used to it.

Comment

Joel,

great minds...... actually looking at reviews for the SDC last night.....

Comment

Geissele

Comment

Mil spec trigger for defense. You don't want a light trigger pull in hairy situations. If you want a trigger for hunting or competition I'm a big fan of Hyperfire triggers. CMC triggers makes a competition version of their trigger that is pretty nice also. The Hyperfire eclipse and the CMC competition have a 2.5lb pull on my trigger gauge. Mil spec triggers will be in the 5-7lb range.

Comment

Working...
              X