Burnt Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnt Ends

This was my first attempt at "Burnt Ends". I took the point from a brisket I smoked a while back and froze it for later use. I thawed it out yesterday and cubed it and put back out on the smoker for about 3 more hours. I put beef broth in the pan and added a little rub to the meat and smoked for about 90 minutes. Then I dipped each piece in my homemade BBQ sauce and let it go for about another 90 minutes and they were done. I also made some macaroni salad from a recipe I made about 10 years ago. The macaroni salad was awsome.

Looks great

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Here is the recipe for the macaroni salad. I have only made it twice but it is really good. I had not saved the recipe , but I had posted it here in 2011 and found it doing a search for macaroni salad(what the luck). The next time I make it I am going to cut the recipe in half for just me and my wife.

Ingredients
        4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
        1 cup mayonnaise
        1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
        2/3 cup white sugar
        2 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
        1 1/2 teaspoons salt
        1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
        1 large onion, chopped
        2 stalks celery, chopped
        1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
        1/4 cup grated carrot (optional)
        2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers (optional)

Directions
        1.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
        2.In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper, carrot, pimentos and macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight

Comment

Goodness.....looks like paradise

Comment

Man that looks good

Comment

Nice ��

Comment

Looks Great!

Comment

Working...
                X