Ruger American Predator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger American Predator

got a 22-250 for Christmas and have upgraded the trigger and magazine but other than that nothing.

I cant get it to shoot all that great so was hoping I might get some feedback on chassis/stocks

Anyone put a magpul or Boyds stock on theirs to help the gun be more consistent. That rubber stock it has on it now really suffers when I load up on my bipod and it touches the barrel.

Check the clearance between barrel and stock. I had to take a dowel rod and sandpaper to one that made some contact with the barrel. I also added some rockite to the stock to stiffen it up.

Comment

ohhh it definitely makes contact. Sanded and tried to free float it better but when loading up on the bipod it still makes contact

Comment

Take the bipod off and try resting it on sandbags and see if that helps. scotth had some great advice.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
          Take the bipod off and try resting it on sandbags and see if that helps. scotth had some great advice.
          Yes it shoots much better off sandbags but since this is my coyote calling gun I need to run a bipod or tripod which causes my inconsistencies. I am not a huge fan of the rubber stock so I was wondering if anyone had good luck with a different stock.

Comment

Magpul works great on my 6.5. 1000 yd+ gun all day long. Oryx chassis had a stock that a buddy is looking at now.

Comment

Boyds

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
                got a 22-250 for Christmas and have upgraded the trigger and magazine but other than that nothing.

I cant get it to shoot all that great so was hoping I might get some feedback on chassis/stocks

Anyone put a magpul or Boyds stock on theirs to help the gun be more consistent. That rubber stock it has on it now really suffers when I load up on my bipod and it touches the barrel.
                Magpul, I have two. One on my 6.5 and another on my .308, both are predators.

Comment

Barrel touching the stock is definitely and issue, you might double check you action screws and your contact between the stock, pillars and action. I normally put a fat sanding roller on a dremel or sandpaper on a dowel rod to sand the barrel channel for best results and uniform clearance. You may test out some different grain weights in your ammo selection as well. Boyds or magpul either one outta be pretty good. Boyds customer service SUCKS soooo bad its pathetically ridiculous.

Comment

I put a Magpul on my RAP and I really like it.

Comment

I had to do a bunch of sanding on my son's American Ranch compact 5.56 to get barrel clearance. It improved my grouping alot once I gave it some room.

Comment

I filled all of the voids with epoxy on mine. Makes it rigid and no longer rests on the barrel when tripod is installed.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the MDT LSS

Comment

I went the epoxy and rocktite route on my 6.5. Been thinking about getting a 250 and doing the same.

What trigger did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by makotex View Post
                              I went the epoxy and rocktite route on my 6.5. Been thinking about getting a 250 and doing the same.

What trigger did you go with?
                              running a flat shoed timney at just under 1.5#

Comment

Working...
                              X