• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willicd76 View Post
    Who did you sell it to?
    Took it back to the pawn shop I got it from and traded it for a 870

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
      I cock mind at the beginning of a stand hunt and shoot it into a small target when I am done. Stays unlocked when I store it.
      ^this^

Comment

I shoot an Excalibur matrix and have left it cocked over night several times and had no issues at all

Comment

We shoot ours when we are done hunting. I just didn’t know if you could leave them cocked overnight, or if it would hurt it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
            My wife uncocks hers by killing something with it at the end of each hunt.
            I'm a detector and I detect something here..... multiple levels actually

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

De-cock mine at the end of every hunt. I'm sure it'd be fine to leave it loaded up given the high tech materials involved, but, I don't do it.

Comment

I shoot mine into a target after each hunt

Comment

I think you should carry decocking bolt and decock when getting out of stand. I sure would not want to carry or store a cocked one...seem like a safety concern

Comment

I have left mine on full cock for longer than I care to admit and it never seemed to matter when I shot it later.

I know a older hunter who is a killing machine. He routinely leaves his very NON modern crossbow cocked during the entire off season and always makes killing shots with it...

I am in no way condoning doing this, as I feel it is much better to decock after each hunt, but I am saying that I personally know of situations where it has not made a difference on impact, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                        I think you should carry decocking bolt and decock when getting out of stand. I sure would not want to carry or store a cocked one...seem like a safety concern
                        We sometimes leave it in the stand. We always decock when we take it out.

Comment

I keep mine cocked at all times. You never know when you will have something to shoot into.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X