Bar J Day Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar J Day Hunts

My brother, dad and I just got back from Bar J Day Hunts in Kingsbury. My brother and I were after rams and pigs and my dad came as a guest. Barry Sr. met us as soon as we pulled up and showed us around.
    We could tell right away that Barry was top notch and just a fun guy to be around.
    We got situated in the lodge, which was just as nice and clean as the pictures on their website made it out to be. They have a nice range set up with Rinehart targets, and after taking a few shots we loaded up and head out to the stands.
    The stands are way nicer and more comfortable than anything I've ever bowhunted out of before, and not long after Barry ran the corn route the animals started showing up. It didn't take us long to wish we'd have opted for one of the exotic packages. The first evening I was covered in blackbuck, aoudad, axis and whitetail, and my brother and I both shot hogs a little bit before dark. The skinning station is set up great with plenty of light, water and a walk in cooler.
    The next morning we both shot our rams right off the bat, and my brother shot another hog that evening. Every single hunt we were covered in animals the entire time. If you are looking for a place to bring a young or newer bowhunter, this is definitley it. I'm already looking forward to bringing my wife back next year. Sorry for the pic quality, next time we will bring something other than Iphone cameras.
    Attached Files

Looks like a buffet!!

Comment

No kill fees?

Comment

Thanks for the top notch review. I have looked at them several times. I need to reach out to them and see what the fees are if you aren't staying at the lodge.

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
          No kill fees?
          No kill fees

Comment

Heck of a trip! Congrats!!!

Comment

Thank You Sir.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

They have pics/vid of fallow but they aren't listed as one of the hunts offered. Did you see any while you were there?

Comment

How many acres is the place?

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                        How many acres is the place?
                        It's not a huge place, couple of hundred acres I think. The house and skinning area are great, blinds are excellent, targets everywhere, and as long as you're not a turtle Barry Sr is a good host.

Comment

Working...
                        X