Mexico 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
    When you get a minute, might clean out your inbox.................

Appreciate it.

Rwc

Comment

Crossed guns in Eagle Pass yesterday at 9:00 am. We were in and out within 25 minutes with no problems. Got 8/10” of rain in the past 10 days. Oats are trying to pop up. Ready for the opener!

Comment

Any rain around pipeline and hwy 1 turn off?

Comment

Hello Mexico Hunters,

First post on the Mexico threads, been lurking for years. This will be my first year to hunt south of the border. We will leave Thursday for the ranch. I am going with hunters who have plenty of experience so I feel pretty good about the whole thing. I am on a season lease.

Need a little info on Cell Phone Boosters, other hunter says that cell service is "
          spotty" so I have ATT unlimited plan. I am looking at amazon(because I need it fast) and automotive boosters (because the camp I will eventually stay in wont have much elec.) any info would be appreciated. We are hunting East of Villa Union. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Really smooth crossing at Acuna this morning, been raining a bit. Went by the Merco and picked up some coors lite, 5 bucks a 12 pack😯. Picked up 600 pounds of wheat seed and some corn at feed store. Whent by and got one worker in Acuna, picking up a few more in Oregano. Have some road work to do and a bunch of food plots to plant. Talked to some Mexican ranchers, they said the bucks were big this year. Looks kind of dry. Sage is blooming. Should be a fun two weeks.

Comment

Look like we are getting a new river crossing.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Whampuscat2 View Post
                Really smooth crossing at Acuna this morning, been raining a bit. Went by the Merco and picked up some coors lite, 5 bucks a 12 pack[emoji54]. Picked up 600 pounds of wheat seed and some corn at feed store. Whent by and got one worker in Acuna, picking up a few more in Oregano. Have some road work to do and a bunch of food plots to plant. Talked to some Mexican ranchers, they said the bucks were big this year. Looks kind of dry. Sage is blooming. Should be a fun two weeks.

Need it to stay dry! [emoji1374] have a safe trip the roads were nice most the way last trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If i check in two guns do i have to check them out at the same time? Or can i check them out separately at different dates?

Comment

Roads are good to the Rancho Tienda and Agua Dulce. 2 1/2 hours more dirt roads for us. About to loose cell signal. Everyone have a safe and productive opener.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Whampuscat2 View Post
                      Roads are good to the Rancho Tienda and Agua Dulce. 2 1/2 hours more dirt roads for us. About to loose cell signal. Everyone have a safe and productive opener.
                      **** son, you wayyyy back in there huh

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                        What I was thinking

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                          Headed for the mountains, hopefully a mountable carmen mountain whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDirt View Post
                            39 years is a long time. I’m curious to see how veterans are out there. This year marks my 20th year and couldn’t imagine hunting anywhere else. I’ve hunted some ranches where it was hard to see a deer to remote ranches with no electricity. Wouldn’t trade any of them for anything. I’ve learned to enjoy more of Mexico than just the deer. Hope I have another 20 in me.

20TH Year for me as well..

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                              20TH Year for me as well..

21 for me! Lol #oneuper

Comment

I started hunting Mexico for deer in 1983. Had been dove hunting down in the valley for years before that.

Hunted camps with no electricity. Spent a week down there once and didn't see a deer. Got so cold in camp once my water bottle froze inside my backpack beside my sleeping bag. Been snowed in, flooded in, sleet, heat waves.... Too many stories to recount .

My circumstance has improved a bit from the old days though I cherish it all.
                                Last edited by elgato; 11-11-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X