Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain how a stress test can cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone explain how a stress test can cost?

Insurance doesn't cover either test.

I went to get a CT scan (calcium score). It's like a MRI. Cost $75

How much do you think a stress test costs? Basically hook up ekg and monitor heart while you walk on a treadmill. I literally said "Excuse me?" when she told me.

$2K

Comment

I did one last week and my cardiologist charged my insurance $620 for the ultra sound and stress test.

Comment

Be glad it wasn't the nuclear stress test.

Comment

You got an MRI for $75 total?

Comment

Maybe part of the stress test was causing you stress with the price.

Comment

You will be RUNNING on a stress test(depending on your age I suppose)

Comment

"...and that concludes our test, thanks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                  You got an MRI for $75 total?
                  Yes. I guess they are so standard now and run 1 person through every 10 minutes. It was cheaper than I thought it would be.

So laying in a 1 million dollar machine for 5-10 minutes is $75 but walking/running on a treadmill for 10 minutes they want $2,780. I told them heck no. I even asked the lady how it could possibly cost so much but she didn't know being the receptionist.

So much for trying to find issues before I have problems.

Comment

So how much did you pay them?

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                      So how much did you pay them?
                      They wouldn't tell me the cost until literally today. I was scheduled tomorrow morning and was supposed to fast starting this evening. I told them to cancel it. No freaking way I'm paying that much for a ten minute workout.

Heck it cost me $35 for the nurse to hook up the EKG to me during the office visit. I'll do that again and do jumping jacks LOL

Comment

Wait til February. Call heart hospital and have complete cardio tests ran for about $250- includes stress test and heart scan

Comment

The people that touch you during that test are low paid.
                          The people that read your results and make sense of them then tell you that your below average Albumin level combined with your BMI of 38 is a precursor to anaphylactic shock.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Wait til February. Call heart hospital and have complete cardio tests ran for about $250- includes stress test and heart scan
                            ^^^this too

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                              Be glad it wasn't the nuclear stress test.
                              No Kidding. I'll never do one of those again. It is actually a chemically induced heart attack. Thought for sure I would croak right there on the table. Doubled over in pain.

Comment

Working...
                              X