Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC -- Week 44

This is a single shot only challenge.
    Shot to be taken from 15 yards. 8 Yards for the kiddos.

(1) Draw a small cross at the center of a sheet of paper.

(2) Stretch a single strand of rubber band across the paper along the center horizontal line.

(3) Make sure the rubber band is standing off the paper at least 1/2 inch.

(4) Measure your arrow from edge of shaft to center of cross.

(5) 1/2 inch deduction for using a broadhead for the shot.

(6) 1 inch deduction if you completely sever the rubber band. Small cuts, or scratches don't count.

Lowest total wins the call for next week.

To make it easy on those who haunt both here & the TAF forum, I am running this shot both places.

Rick
    Attached Files

So, if I understand your use of the term "deduction", the winning total could theoretically be a negative 1-1/2" -- assuming a perfect shot on the center of the cross, using a broadhead, which cut the rubber band? Correct?

Also: would the same shot have to be declared for one forum or the other or automatically be the same for each. So, could a person say to himself: "self, this one is for TBH"; tomorrow: "self this is for TAF"? Thinking, you probably mean for the first shot to automatically be for both. Your call.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
      So, if I understand your use of the term "deduction", the winning total could theoretically be a negative 1-1/2" -- assuming a perfect shot on the center of the cross, using a broadhead, which cut the rubber band? Correct?

Also: would the same shot have to be declared for one forum or the other or automatically be the same for each. So, could a person say to himself: "self, this one is for TBH"; tomorrow: "self this is for TAF"? Thinking, you probably mean for the first shot to automatically be for both. Your call.
      Yes, a negative total is possible.

The one shot counts for both forums.

I just shot mine. About to post it up.

Rick

Comment

I decided to get this one done while I have the time.

Also tried to sew it up, and set the bar high, but there's lots of room for improvement considering the possible deductions.

A tad high & left for a measurement of 2-1/8".

Minus 1/2" for using a broadhead = 1-5/8"

Minus 1" for cutting the rubber band = Total of 5/8"

Y'all get after it.

Rick
        Attached Files

Comment

That's a good shot on a very cool challenge, Rick! Love the aspect of cutting the rubber band. I guess it adds emphasis to getting distance/elevation correct.

Comment

That's a good shot on a very cool challenge, Rick! Love the aspect of cutting the rubber band. I guess it adds emphasis to getting distance/elevation correct.
            You also have to hope for the right rotation of the broadhead when using a 2 blade head. My rubber band was cut left of the actual flight path of the arrow, but the blade was down just enough to do the cutting.

Side note: These Bishop single bevel heads are HARD on a broadhead target. I've never seen any that rotate as much as these do. Makes it darn near impossible to pull them out. After twisting/turning, and grunting & groaning for quite a while, I finally pulled the head off in the target, then had to dig it out with a pair of needle nose pliers & a screwdriver. Needless to say, my target is now in need of repair again.

Rick

Comment

TAF forum?

Comment

Awesome challenge.

Comment

Pretty happy with my shot, but disappointed to not cut rubber band. Two-blade Tuffhead went in pretty horizontal or (probably) would have cut band. Shot was 13/16" from center of cross, minus 1/2" for using broadhead: Total = 5/16"

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by tradtiger; 10-30-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Pretty happy with my shot, but disappointed to not cut rubber band. Two-blade Tuffhead went in pretty horizontal or (probably) would have cut band. Shot was 13/16" from center of cross, minus 1/2" for using broadhead: Total = 5/16"

Awesome !!!!

Rick

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Looks like it's me, Rick. I'll post a week 45 challenge shortly.

Comment

Working...
                        X