raccoon out in daylight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raccoon out in daylight

I don't ever see raccoons out in the daylight, but we have one at the house that come lurking around at all hours of the day. Yesterday he was in the garage at 4pm. I am sure he was looking for the trash because he has found it before. Saturday the trash was torn up just after noon. He acts normal (besides being out during daylight). He runs away fast when he sees us.

Should I be worried that he is coming around during the daylight?

22 to the control box

Comment

Could be early stage. Could also be really hungry. Raising young ones maybe???

Comment

Even though he runs, I'd still be cautious. We have had "several" confirmed rabies cases in Granbury/Hood County. The SO issued a "beware" statement last week.

Comment

I was thinking maybe it had babies. The other day when we walked up it ran towards the shed and then we heard a big thud like it ran into the shed. I am wondering if it had babies under the shed.

Comment

We have them out here during the day, pretty much every day. Spoiled brats will climb the feeder at noon and spin the plate for their herd!

Comment

Raccoons out in the day time?
              thanks obama.

Comment

We have one doing the same. She has babies. We saw moving them to different local after tree they were in was cut down

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  Raccoons out in the day time?
                  thanks obama.
                  ^^^^

Comment

raccoon out in daylight

I know its not really the same as a house but for the last two weeks the coons have been coming to my feeders during the evening daylight which is not normal......... but seems to happen when their spring food supplies start running low. Probably the same low food supply deal.

Last edited by Smart; 06-11-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

It is not that unusual to see coons and many other nocturnal animals out during the day in spring and summer. When I was farming in southeast Tx, I would often see coon, mink, and otter out during daylight hours. Occassionally would see bobcat and fox. Am not sure why this is. Obviously young may have something to do with this, but it may also have to do with shorter nights/longer days.

Comment

It's probably just the coon thinks the reward is greater then the risk.

Comment

Better make sure all of your affairs are in order. You're a dead man walking unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                            I don't ever see raccoons out in the daylight, but we have one at the house that come lurking around at all hours of the day. Yesterday he was in the garage at 4pm. I am sure he was looking for the trash because he has found it before. Saturday the trash was torn up just after noon. He acts normal (besides being out during daylight). He runs away fast when he sees us.

Should I be worried that he is coming around during the daylight?
                            Who are you to assume that raccoons gender?..

Comment

We dispatched one at the lease a few weeks back that was out in the heat of the day but he was acting strange.

Comment

Working...
                              X