No announcement yet.

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a fun opening week in Push with BG. Neither of us got a deer but it was nice to get in to the stand. Saw deer almost every sit, most of the time it was the one we call Nubbin....he was a button buck last year now a spike. I grunted in a nice 8 point but the fever got to me and I drew back while he was still a little too close to the stand and scared him off. Also grunted in a young 4 point yesterday morning. It surprised me how the deer responded to the calls as I have never had them work before. Looking forward to getting some cooler weather in hopes that it will get the deer moving a little more during the day.

Comment

Oh yeah and came across this little guy walking from the stand this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
        Megatron?

Yes sir that's him.

I don't think his frame got any bigger from 15. He picked up a lot of mass and points. I feel like we have him patterned much better this year then years past, he's a frequent visitor to the large food plots in our property center.

Not even going to try to hunt him till muzzleloader.

Here's a couple more recent hard horned...

That camera is in a plot. He does not come to corn and has never been to a feeder in his long life.

Comment

Good to see Megatron is still in the deer woods! Hope this is the year for you!

Comment

Man that deer gives me goosebumps, I love his frame, especially now! Good luck man!

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
              Yes sir that's him.

I don't think his frame got any bigger from 15. He picked up a lot of mass and points. I feel like we have him patterned much better this year then years past, he's a frequent visitor to the large food plots in our property center.

Not even going to try to hunt him till muzzleloader.

Here's a couple more recent hard horned...

That camera is in a plot. He does not come to corn and has never been to a feeder in his long life.

Glad to see Megatron and Q both back on the thread! Looking forward to following along as you close the deal this year.

With work, school and kid activities it's been one of the thinnest pre-seasons (in terms of time in the mountains) ever for me. Missed the opener and won't be up for my first sit until next Friday.

Added a Lone Wolf Assault Climber to the arsenal in the off season and am eager to use it to hike into a few spots that are harder to get to on our place. This is a significant upgrade over the climber I've been using for the last 12+ years.

Looking forward to next weekend but will have to ride shotgun with you fine gents until then. Don't let me down.
              Last edited by Booner Sooner; 06-10-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Headed up tomorrow morning for the first sit of my season! I wish everyone who's out this weekend luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Texahoman View Post
                  Headed up tomorrow morning for the first sit of my season! I wish everyone who's out this weekend luck.

Good luck...... I'm heading up after working the Rangers game..... Hopefully with a win.

Comment

Good luck fellas, I'm heading up too after we finish at the range today.

Comment

I'll be heading up after work for the weekend. Thankful the cool weather and the rain to settle down the dust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                        Glad to see Megatron and Q both back on the thread! Looking forward to following along as you close the deal this year.

With work, school and kid activities it's been one of the thinnest pre-seasons (in terms of time in the mountains) ever for me. Missed the opener and won't be up for my first sit until next Friday.

Added a Lone Wolf Assault Climber to the arsenal in the off season and am eager to use it to hike into a few spots that are harder to get to on our place. [ATTACH]817499[/ATTACH] This is a significant upgrade over the climber I've been using for the last 12+ years.

Looking forward to next weekend but will have to ride shotgun with you fine gents until then. Don't let me down.

Micah, you plan on using that set up when we go to MCAAP?

Comment

Yessir. Trying to get the bugs worked out before we go so I just have to worry about the trad bow accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                            Yessir. Trying to get the bugs worked out before we go so I just have to worry about the trad bow accuracy.

Good deal man. I'm bringing my hang on and sticks, I've gotten pretty accurate, I just gotta work on my confidence in my shot. Have you seen some of the bucks they've posted on their hit list on the MCAAP Facebook page? There are some big suckers for sure.

Comment

Just rolled in, just a heads up. F&F feed on 271 has 50 lbs of corn for 5.60

Comment

Just crawled up the tree, beautiful evening so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X