Sous Vide Wild Turkey Breast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Wild Turkey Breast

This year I was fortunate enough to shoot a couple of toms with one shot! You can read the live hunt here...

One of my favorite meals is wild turkey breast. Sous Vide style is definitely a game changer. I seasoned it with Chupacabra original seasoning and cooked it at 145 for 3 hours, then a quick sear over a blend of mesquite and oak.

I served it thinly sliced with roasted corn, chiles, broccoli, and squash with a side of brown rice. The turkey breast was juicy, moist and tender. Give it a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
      Looks good!
      x2

My brother loves Sous Vide and sends pics of pork and steaks that look amazing!

Comment

Looks like it was dang good

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

That would be the way to go with wild turkey. It has such a tendency to dry out, that SV keeps it just the right temp so as not to have it turn out like boot leather. Good call!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
              That would be the way to go with wild turkey. It has such a tendency to dry out, that SV keeps it just the right temp so as not to have it turn out like boot leather. Good call!
              Exactly! People who don't like to eat wild turkey should try it like this. It's so good! All growing up my parents told me that wild turkey is too tough and dry, and after experiencing my grandma cooking one I understood way they didn't like it.

Now wild turkey is one of their favorite things that I cook!

Comment

Working...
              X