Pork Tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Tacos

This is very similar to Innergel's recipe but with a Southwest kick.

PORK TACOS

I usually use 5# of carnitas but you can use bone-less country style pork ribs or a trimmed boneless pork roast. Lightly season with Tony Chachere's original or spicy depending on the crowd you are cooking for, lightly brown in a skillet with a small amount of oil.

Place pork into a large crockpot, pour in a jar of Austin Grand Prize Hot Peach Salsa.

Set the crockpot temp to Hi for 1 hour. Leave covered.

Change temp setting to Low and let cook for 5 hours.

After 5 hours take the pork out and shred using forks to pull the meat apart, the meat will practically fall apart, the object is to shred the meat and discard any large pieces of fat.

Place meat back into the juice in crockpot, set to low and cook for 1 hour.

You are done.

Serve rolled up in corn tortillas with a little fresh cilantro. Heat the tort's on a griddle if you can, if you nuke'm they can get soggy and fall apart too easy.

My opinion the best is with a little poblano jelly spread on a hot corn tortilla first then add pork, sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Good with flour tortillas also but the corn is my favorite.

Poblano jelly is not easy to find, jalapeno jelly works good too.

About the only way you can mess up with this recipe is to make it too salty. Be careful not to over season with the Tony's or it will be salty. Trim off large portions of fat before you cook to avoid excess grease.

This is also good with Austin Grand Prize Green Salsa, if you dont care for the hint of sweet from the peach.

For a healthier version you can use bone-less chicken breasts, but it's hard to beat the pork.

Enjoy!
Working...
X