Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
    Y’all are some smart jokers
    Please collaborate I'm here to learn if you have a different opinion I'd like to know ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishtank401 View Post
      Is sacrificing speed really worth it?

In almost every instance yes, but there is a lot more to consider than just speed (or lack thereof).

A smoother draw may be better for someone with a bad shoulder or back; or, as Hoss said, he was just more accurate with the slower bow.

A quiet bow may give you an advantage; slower is almost always quieter.

Heavier arrows (slower) both make the bow quieter and have better penetration potential than lighter, faster arrows.

Speed is fine if you know what you are doing, but making speed the number one priority is way out of most people wheelhouse. It is a lot of extra effort for not much return for the average bow hunter.

All things considered, speed is the first thing I will sacrifice for a well performing system.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
        In almost every instance yes, but there is a lot more to consider than just speed (or lack thereof).

A smoother draw may be better for someone with a bad shoulder or back; or, as Hoss said, he was just more accurate with the slower bow.

A quiet bow may give you an advantage; slower is almost always quieter.

Heavier arrows (slower) both make the bow quieter and have better penetration potential than lighter, faster arrows.

Speed is fine if you know what you are doing, but making speed the number one priority is way out of most people wheelhouse. It is a lot of extra effort for not much return for the average bow hunter.

All things considered, speed is the first thing I will sacrifice for a well performing system.
        I do agree with you but it seems that most of my shot are between 60 and 30 yards and wind becomes a problem in my experience faster arrow have less affect in the wind and had animals moves bc of time between the arrow leaving the bow to find its mark I understand speed is not ever thing but I'm hoping to make a even compromise between speed and smooth equipment

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with this bow at all I have recently purchased one and it will be here about Friday the 11th and was wondering what is necessary to upgrade from what I read its a 2017 mission hype DTX and retailed for 825$ but I have also seen it for 599$ I found mine on ebay in great condition for 239.99$ so it was a steal it was on ebay for a total of 3 hours when I bought it what should I expect and what should be replaced?

Comment

Expect a decent shooting bow, not fast but real smooth, big valley with a little mushy wall. It is a grow-with-you type bow, so adjustment is easy.

Like any used bow, check the cams for dings and the string for wear; look it over real well for signs of abuse, excessive wear or neglect.

I would replace the strings, but I would do that on any used bow. It's really up to you after checking the string out.

That aren't bad, but don't expect flagship performance. Tune it, shoot it and have fun.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I like speed out of a bow but that is because i shoot a 595 grain arrow so speed helps this arrow pack a punch although it is still shootable. The heavier arrow helped my accuracy at longer distances, gave me a more forgiving set up and made the bow really quiet and almost vibration free.

Comment

Working...
              X