heart broken cant find him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heart broken cant find him

Well i have been watching this deer for four years and finally got the go ahead to take him and was going to do it with bow in hand. i was going to set up a pop-up blind and smoke him until he showed up this morning chasing a doe so i tried to spot and stalk. of course that gives them a huge advantage but being love drunk and dumb helps me out. i came up on him 20 yds away straight on, he saw the movement looked a second then buggered out to thirty. i grunted and got him to stop but he was behind a tree. he hopped off behind a mot and chased a doe into a herd of young bucks. they started walking my way at thirty yds and i drew back. he steped out broadside and i let one fly. to my hearts dismay the arrow dove down and hit him right behind the rib cage spilling a little gut. he trotted off and stood there wondering what happened so i snuck up to forty yds and shot just to try and do more damage to get him down. i hit him but couldnt tell how good because of the tall grass. i backed out and started to leave when it started sprinkling. i then turning around and against my better judgment tried to follow him for fear of losing the blood trail. of course i jumped him but him running caused the second arrow to cause more damage and the blood trail was great. so i continued to follow him and could see where he stopped with piles of blood, but no deer. after about a mile of this, great paintbrush blood trail i got to a point that was an easy marker to come back to and backed out. i waited for five hours, but of course it started raining and completely washed the great blood trail away.

i am sick to my stomach, and cant believe i made that bad of a shot to begin with. i just dont know why the arrow did that other than the new lumenoks. they made a big difference in how the arrow flies. of course hind sight is 20-20 but i should have just set up the blind and been patient. oh well ill just have to keep looking for him and buzzards and praying i find him.
    here are a couple of pix of him.

Dang. Best of luck finding him

Comment

Sounds like you'll have a decent chance of finding him eventually. Good luck!

Comment

Dont give up brother, keep looking!! At least look for the buzzards and coyote's..good luck

Comment

call in some dogs....... they can track it even after the rain.

Comment

Good Luck, he's a nice one..

Comment

Wow he's good lookin. Hope you find him.

Comment

He probably wont last long with two arrows in him. He will probasbly lay up and bleed out. Be patient. Go out first thing in the morning with help or dogs and track him down.

Comment

Call in the dogs. He's a beauty. Roy or Quatro Hindes maybe?

Comment

dang man that would make me sick..best of luck finding him

Comment

If you are thinking of calling in dogs, I have been told Wade Cornelius is pretty good. I personally have never needed his service. But if I ever needed dogs I would call him based on good customer feed back. His number's are hm# 361-586-4707, cell# 361-660-4045, other# 956-744-7447..good luck!!

Comment

hang in there! i bet you will find him tomorrow. sounds like he was pumped full of adrenaline when you stuck him. chances are he will bed down nearby and not wake back up.
                        what kind of broadhead did you hit him with?

Comment

Best of luck to you hope you find him

Comment

Definately would have to call in some dogs. I used one local just to find a doe a few weeks back cause I knew it was a good hit but had no blood for the first 60 yds. They can find anything if its there.

Comment

Don't give up. Keep looking for this trophy.

Comment

Working...
                              X