Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazos Bend State Park Hunt

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
    Anyone else get drawn for the Rifle Hunt 11/13-15? Either Sex hunt. Never been and couldn't find much info on it when using the search function.

Thanks

I'm right around the corner, my subdivision borders the park, if you need anything hit me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Backwoods101; 09-17-2018, 07:14 PM.

Comment

A coworker of mine did kill a buck and two doe a couple years ago. The buck had a 16-17” inside spread but wasn’t really special. But heck for fee I think he did great

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        I'm right around the corner, my subdivision borders the park, if you need anything hit me up.

Thanks!

Comment

“Not Selected” seems to be Austin’s favorite 2 words. I applied for about 15 hunts all around the state and... not a one. Been applying for years and never picked. You’d think their points would count for something?

I’d have better luck taking a backyard doe at my brother-in-law’s house in Conroe.
          Last edited by Wampuscat; 09-26-2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Hunt starts tomorrow. I will try and keep this thread "live" as I can.

Comment

Good luck, you can scratch that hot and skeeter issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                Good luck, you can scratch that hot and skeeter issue.
                Ha. Yea. Hypothermia is more of an issue then mosquitoes this week . I will take it though.

Comment

Good luck. I got drawn and hunted there in 1986 the first year they held hunts. When it was time to select stands, I was one of the first to pick and I got back right along the river. I was covered up in deer the entire time I was hunting. I shot a pig the first night and a 10 pt the next day. Ive put in a few times in the last couple of years without luck. I'll keep trying since it is close to home and Im without a lease these days.

Comment

Good luck hope you do well. Corn is hit or miss but oaks should be the most productive, although I don’t think you get a choice of where to hunt. I think they place you in makeshift ground blinds

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

As mentioned, no skeeters and snakes should be slowed down, gators cold, you should have a great hunt!! I've spent a lot of time in that park when I lived in Houston. The raw land is hard to negotiate at times, but since most of your above-listed problems are out of the picture, I'm sure you will have a great hunt. Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Good luck. I got drawn and hunted there in 1986 the first year they held hunts. When it was time to select stands, I was one of the first to pick and I got back right along the river. I was covered up in deer the entire time I was hunting. I shot a pig the first night and a 10 pt the next day. Ive put in a few times in the last couple of years without luck. I'll keep trying since it is close to home and Im without a lease these days.
                            I’m not expecting much but will probably try and get back towards the river if I get the choice.

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                            Good luck hope you do well. Corn is hit or miss but oaks should be the most productive, although I don’t think you get a choice of where to hunt. I think they place you in makeshift ground blinds

Hoping they are real ground blinds with how cold it’s going to be! I think they draw names when you get there and then you pick where you want to hunt. I am not 100% but will find out tomorrow.

My buddy found these on Saturday right down the road from the park on his property. Pretty cool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	24560037

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
                              As mentioned, no skeeters and snakes should be slowed down, gators cold, you should have a great hunt!! I've spent a lot of time in that park when I lived in Houston. The raw land is hard to negotiate at times, but since most of your above-listed problems are out of the picture, I'm sure you will have a great hunt. Good luck!!

Thanks!

Comment

I’m not expecting much but will probably try and get back towards the river if I get the choice.

Hoping they are real ground blinds with how cold it’s going to be! I think they draw names when you get there and then you pick where you want to hunt. I am not 100% but will find out tomorrow.

My buddy found these on Saturday right down the road from the park on his property. Pretty cool.

[ATTACH]933460[/ATTACH]

That's pretty cool and sad at the same time. That 10 is a stud for the area. What you described is exactly how it worked when I was there many years ago. The ground blinds were pretty make shift but hopefully they have upgraded since I was there. I literally had some cattle panel with camo burlap fastened to it. Not much protection in weather like this. I would rather deal with this weather than the hot and mosquitos we've been having. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X