No announcement yet.

To keep or not to keep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just did a search on the Dallas craigslist and got 42 results (at least one was a compound mislabeled). You can definitely sell it on there. This thread seems like the OP is just gathering posts so he can sell it here.

I have never heard of anyone challenging fellow archers to tests of skill for money. The shop owner tricked you into keeping that xbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Seay View Post
      Very confusing thread.

So what kind of crossbow is it?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by AustinNewbie View Post
      LOL, yeah it was a funny as hell book as a kid .... worth ever penny for each of the laughs I got out of it .
      Post #34 is strange - do you think WebsterTroy is a book?

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
        Post #34 is strange - do you think WebsterTroy is a book?
        It should be. Probably be a best seller

Comment

"Sounds to me like you was gonna do some stealthy ninja work on a ol' boy that may have wronged ya' in some kinna way,and now's you've had a change o' heart��"

LOL , not the case but a funny thought ...
          Last edited by AustinNewbie; 09-26-2018, 08:20 AM. Reason: Quote

Comment

I can't sell the Crossbow on Craiglist, or through FB Market due to restrictions against selling weapons. I don't want to try and sell it on Ebay as I don't want to deal with a hassle of dealing with the payment process they require.
            I don't understand this at all. I don't like the fact that Paypal almost always sides with the buyer (I sell a lot on Ebay) in disputes. However, there are few 'payment processes' that are easier.
            There are multiple Mission Sub 1 cross bows listed on Ebay (new) in the $1,500 range. Why would you pass up the single largest audience you can reach (that is, if you are serious about selling)?

Comment

I am trying to say I bought it for the wrong reasons and hoped it would fix some personal issues. Now I have been shown two different paths and I am unsure of which one to take. Hope that clears that up.
              I always buy a bow when Im having issues

Comment

This whole thread was started so he could gain access to the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                  I just did a search on the Dallas craigslist and got 42 results (at least one was a compound mislabeled). You can definitely sell it on there. This thread seems like the OP is just gathering posts so he can sell it here.

I have never heard of anyone challenging fellow archers to tests of skill for money. The shop owner tricked you into keeping that xbow.
                  I don't think the shop owner tricked him. He said he tried to return it after 4 months! I don't know of any business that takes things back after 4 months.

Comment

I think you'll fit right in in Austin

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                      This whole thread was started so he could gain access to the classifieds.
                      Agree, very confusing. Not a hunter or sportsman, and you join TEXAS BOW HUNTER.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                        I don't think the shop owner tricked him. He said he tried to return it after 4 months! I don't know of any business that takes things back after 4 months.
                        Well he should have said "we don't accept returns after 4 months" not "you should shoot for money to get your money back for it" .

Comment

Hello,
                          I just wanted to say that I am stuck. I can't decide which is the best of the idea. Please read this and let me know what you think.

In March I bought a cross bow on the higher end of what I really needed in the hopes of accomplishing a particular objective. Of course like all things in life it didn't work out like i was expecting and am now in a rock and a hard place. I can't sell the the crossbow on traditional means available to most people. I have never used it other than the few test shots in the archery range to zero in at 20 yards (6 shots) In addition to the cross bow I bought 3 other bolts and a target for the original intention.

After about 4 months, I decided to try and return it since it hasn't been used and got to to talking to the owner of the shop and he recommended keeping it and trying for some of the local tournaments and win the money back. I have some prior rifle experience and i see it could happen if I were to practice alot with it.

To add to this, in about 6 months I will be moving into a place where practicing will require paying for rental time or having to make a friend or two that would be willing to let me practice on their land. As I am relatively new to the Austin area, I don't see making that level of friendship in that short of an amount of time.

So here is the question of which I am stuck in. I am not a hunter so don't really need the crossbow AND it will continue to sit on my shelf until I can figure out a way to sell and recoup some of my losses. Do I take the hard road and change people whom have been shooting/hunting all their lives in contests of skills.

Please let me know what your think.

What would you do and why ? Thanks
                          sure

Comment

I would make better decisions going forward. Sell the dang thing on the internet. You will not be able to explain to me why you cant.

Comment

Ok moment of almost complete disclosure. So, it appears that while it may not have been the most well-constructed post (lesson learned: Never let the captain be your grammar checker. Eh, what can ya do), it was sincere. I will explain all the background on the whole situation for you now and answer/respond to the most common questions or comments.
                              The Crossbow was purchased in an attempt to be the founding brick in the road of healing of finding a common interest with my wife. Yes, I agree it was over the top, had it been a $300 cross bow, I wouldn’t be here doing this. The wife and I, were going through a rough time and one of the problems was that she stated that we had no common interests. She had been talking about getting a recurve and I thought it would be something that we could do to attempt to resolve that issue. Now I can already hear my detractors “ok, but why a high-end crossbow like that? “, and “man you really are dumb for thinking something like was going to fix all that”. To those people I shall say you don’t know me and you don’t know all the details.
                              Being that I am 6’5”, I cannot just pick up a bow off the shelf and go with it, the cost of this crossbow is what I would have to pay for a compound bow like “normal sized people” and the available crossbows to me at the time, did not have a size limitation factor. So, since I felt like it was time to make a serious gesture, I got something I wanted, to make sure it was going to be a real possibility. Would not most of you have done what you thought could be the first step to saving your relationship as well?

Needless to say, it didn’t. So here I am trying to sell it.
                              Now for the answers to common themed questions\statements
                              Yes, I was an idiot, I over spent and now I would like to recoup the costs of what was bought to pay for some of the bills that are going to be forthcoming.
                              Why am I, a non-hunter with no interest in keeping a crossbow that I will probably never use on Texas Bow Hunter? Because a co-worker who frequents the site recommended it as an option. So, I thought “Sure why not”. I took for granted the idea of getting that legendary warm Texas sense of hospitality from the all the people on the site. Again, it was my oversight, and am now wiser for it.
                              Am I some sort of idiot to believe what the shop manager told me about the tournaments. Yep, I am. But hey this is Texas so it just might have been possible (the tournaments… not me winning them). Who am I to say as I new to the area?
                              Why I am hesitant to sell the crossbow on eBay. This one is easy, I don’t trust PayPal and I don’t trust eBay. I have heard WAY too many horror stories about eBay transactions going awry to trust that sort of thing. Craigslist is the same thing. I figured this site would be a safer place to do this than either of those two sources.
                              Yes, I was less than forthcoming about the all details. But I haven’t and I still refuse to put all my dirty laundry up on the web. Yes, I made a mistake, and am now trying to rectify it.
                              I think I have gotten most of the common questions and points of confusion cleared up.
                              With that I will say that once the crossbow sells I will be removing my self from the site. Thank you to those of you who either took the time to PM me or to tried to understand and find out what was going on, and wished me well.
                              This will be my last post on this thread and rest of the site other than to the classified add I have placed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                                This a definitely a strange thread w/ some seemingly less than forthcoming information in it. I've seen many bows on craigslist in the past. I know you can't sell firearms on there, but I thought bows were OK.....
                                Come on you know crossbows are not really bows

Comment

Working...
                                X