Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To keep or not to keep

Hello,
    I just wanted to say that I am stuck. I can't decide which is the best of the idea. Please read this and let me know what you think.

In March I bought a cross bow on the higher end of what I really needed in the hopes of accomplishing a particular objective. Of course like all things in life it didn't work out like i was expecting and am now in a rock and a hard place. I can't sell the the crossbow on traditional means available to most people. I have never used it other than the few test shots in the archery range to zero in at 20 yards (6 shots) In addition to the cross bow I bought 3 other bolts and a target for the original intention.

After about 4 months, I decided to try and return it since it hasn't been used and got to to talking to the owner of the shop and he recommended keeping it and trying for some of the local tournaments and win the money back. I have some prior rifle experience and i see it could happen if I were to practice alot with it.

To add to this, in about 6 months I will be moving into a place where practicing will require paying for rental time or having to make a friend or two that would be willing to let me practice on their land. As I am relatively new to the Austin area, I don't see making that level of friendship in that short of an amount of time.

So here is the question of which I am stuck in. I am not a hunter so don't really need the crossbow AND it will continue to sit on my shelf until I can figure out a way to sell and recoup some of my losses. Do I take the hard road and change people whom have been shooting/hunting all their lives in contests of skills.

Please let me know what your think.

What would you do and why ? Thanks

What did you just say, or try to say?

Comment

Why can’t you sell the cross bow? Does Austin not have craigslist?

Comment

Keep it, shoot it, go to a range and make some friends, if you're good enough - make some money.

Comment

I don't understand why you can't sell it "on traditional means"? You obviously have a computer and the Internet, that's all you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
            Hmmmmm??? Sounds like a few pics and a decent price will take care of your problem. I think. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
              I can't sell the Crossbow on Craiglist, or through FB Market due to restrictions against selling weapons. I don't want to try and sell it on Ebay as I don't want to deal with a hassle of dealing with the payment process they require.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                Keep it, shoot it, go to a range and make some friends, if you're good enough - make some money.
                I would need a little more information like names of places that I could go to attempt that. I am open any information you are willing to provide.

Comment

Originally posted by AustinNewbie View Post
                  I can't sell the Crossbow on Craiglist, or through FB Market due to restrictions against selling weapons. I don't want to try and sell it on Ebay as I don't want to deal with a hassle of dealing with the payment process they require.
                  TBH Classifieds?

Comment

Those high end crossbows usually resale for about $100. PM your number and I will drive to Austin and take it off your hands...

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                      What did you just say, or try to say?
                      I am trying to say I bought it for the wrong reasons and hoped it would fix some personal issues. Now I have been shown two different paths and I am unsure of which one to take. Hope that clears that up.

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                        Those high end crossbows usually resale for about $100. PM your number and I will drive to Austin and take it off your hands...
                        Thanks but I think I would keep it if that was the "real" going rate. With that said, thank you for your input.

Comment

Fish much?

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                            TBH Classifieds?
                            Would love to put it on there but I need 30 posts to get there.... getting closer and closer by the response but not quite there yet but it is a serious question all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Regular7 View Post
                              Fish much?
                              I don't, sorry
                              Last edited by AustinNewbie; 09-25-2018, 08:33 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Working...
                              X