Asphalt drive way cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asphalt drive way cost?

My garage is 200' away from the road and I'd like to go from road to garage then have a horse shoe come off of that around the front and back to the road. The horse shoe I don't have to have depending on price. I already know concrete is way out of my budget so it's between asphalt and gravel pretty much.. Anyone know what i should expect to spend on asphalt with or without the horse shoe or about what it cost per sq foot?

I'm looking at the same so I talked to the appraisal district about taxes. Here in Fayette county they tax asphalt but not chip seal so I'm going to look into that as well. In for pricing

Comment

It's pretty dang expensive! And they'll require quite a bit of established base.

Comment

Go concrete

Comment

I had 330 ft long x 12 ft wide and 4 inches thick put in two years ago for 9500.00 . Cost me 1000.00 to have it sealed this year. I could not afford to shut my business down for two weeks to do the Concrete deal. Paving took a Half a day and a day to cure. No regrets, I have UPS, Fedex delivery trucks on it 5 days a week. I drive a Peterbilt 337 on it 4 days a week.
          Last edited by Radar; 12-05-2017, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I just did it. $25 a square foot over here. That was over existing 410 road base. Very expensive!!

Comment

Asphalt drive way cost?

Our neighbors and local road crews have been using the chip seal method. Just wondering how it will last over time. Looks really good right now

Comment

Do you have a good base established?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slabnabbin View Post
                  Do you have a good base established?

I don't have road base down or anything..

Comment

Gypsy's will do it for cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                      I don't have road base down or anything..
                      I would put a good base down, have it packed and drive on it for a few months before I paved. Your paving job will only be as good as your base. Or that is what I was told
                      Last edited by Radar; 12-06-2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Keeping this thread close as I am about to have to do the same.

Comment

Find someone that sell mill materials, it’s asphalt that has been milled off the roads and use it as a base. After a year or so then overlaying will be a lot cheaper b/c the base will already be good. The State and County guys know where to get Milled asphalt.

Comment

Find a gypsy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                              I just did it. $25 a square foot over here. That was over existing 410 road base. Very expensive!!
                              $25 a sq. ft. or sq yard? Around $18 a sq. yd is the going rate around Austin area now which is $2 sq. ft.

Comment

Working...
                              X