Eating CWD Infected Elk or Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
    Are all state game biologist qualified to test?

Where can you access a map showing contaminated ares?
    Information about Chronic Wasting Disease in Texas. Find a check station or view check station results.

Comment

This would have to be the least of my worries.

Comment

I hunt in a CWD area, I have my animals tested, I am still Leary as to eating them as they don't know how advanced the decease has to be before its detectable by today's testing procedures. No I would not eat them. And I would still hunt ,but not big game. I would buy a better camera and my "hunting "would be with that. And I would hunt birds a lot more, and start hunting coyotes. It's in my blood I can't give it up totaly, I was going to when they discovered it in our hunting unit. And didn't hunt the last two years myself. Because of it. But went with my sons and friends a couple times. And **** if I didn't have to field dress theirs, and help process there game. In fact I just cut one up for a friend of my sons yeasterday. I have been out hunting this year, in fact could have shot a couple does or a small buck this morning, but just filmed them and moved on. Don't really bother me if I don't shoot one this year either, it's fun just getting out. If I wasn't using German kenetic broad heads I could have shot ( at) quite a few grouse. But they are to expensive for that IMO. Next time I will take some exodus for those dudes, and probably won't see another one. I don't believe they will get CWD under control in my lifetime, and watched my mom pass a month ago with Alzheimer's , and I believe that is what CWD would ( will) be like in humans. If I can do any thing not to go that way, I will try my best. It was horrible ! For those of you that have or will knowingly eat CWD positive meat, I believe you should have them tested to know for certain, and donate your bodies to science, and it could advance the studies greatly. ( not trying to be a smart *****, or start any thing) A lot needs to be known about this decease and I think they are reluctant because if it's found that humans can in deed get it, it will cost trillions of dollars. And could destroy our government. I read every thing I can about it, and don't remember the monkey thing being " proven" wrong.
        Last edited by critter69; 09-10-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
          Your business has overhead? The injustice!
          I wasn"t complaining you little P-ckerhead!!!!!
          Your forehead is gonna have a big dent in it, if you are ever man enough to meet up.
          Haaaaaaaahsha.
          P-ssy!!!!!

Comment

I don't hunt in a CWD area. If I did I would test it first. I would not eat venison from a CWD positive deer based on what I've read here.

Comment

Hunt in CWD area in New Mexico and eat everything we kill. Never have them tested. Just cook it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Mmmmmmm prions.
                [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, great thread here which perked my interest. Found this additional tidbit while googling about this:
                  "Prions cannot be destroyed by boiling, alcohol, acid, standard autoclaving methods, or radiation. In fact, infected brains that have been sitting in formaldehyde for decades can still transmit spongiform disease. Cooking your burger 'til it's well done won't destroy the prions!"

Comment

To the OP,
                    No,
                    After the macaque study helllll to the no,
                    To many unkowns,
                    I am not sure but I would probably quit hunting cervids.
                    Last edited by bossbowman; 09-10-2018, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                      I hunt in a CWD area, I have my animals tested, I am still Leary as to eating them as they don't know how advanced the decease has to be before its detectable by today's testing procedures. No I would not eat them. And I would still hunt ,but not big game. I would buy a better camera and my "hunting "would be with that. And I would hunt birds a lot more, and start hunting coyotes. It's in my blood I can't give it up totaly, I was going to when they discovered it in our hunting unit. And didn't hunt the last two years myself. Because of it. But went with my sons and friends a couple times. And **** if I didn't have to field dress theirs, and help process there game. In fact I just cut one up for a friend of my sons yeasterday. I have been out hunting this year, in fact could have shot a couple does or a small buck this morning, but just filmed them and moved on. Don't really bother me if I don't shoot one this year either, it's fun just getting out. If I wasn't using German kenetic broad heads I could have shot ( at) quite a few grouse. But they are to expensive for that IMO. Next time I will take some exodus for those dudes, and probably won't see another one. I don't believe they will get CWD under control in my lifetime, and watched my mom pass a month ago with Alzheimer's , and I believe that is what CWD would ( will) be like in humans. If I can do any thing not to go that way, I will try my best. It was horrible ! For those of you that have or will knowingly eat CWD positive meat, I believe you should have them tested to know for certain, and donate your bodies to science, and it could advance the studies greatly. ( not trying to be a smart *****, or start any thing) A lot needs to be known about this decease and I think they are reluctant because if it's found that humans can in deed get it, it will cost trillions of dollars. And could destroy our government. I read every thing I can about it, and don't remember the monkey thing being " proven" wrong.
                      Not really, from what I've researched Creutzfeldt-Jakobs is a way worse way to go but its quicker than Alzheimers

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                        I wasn"t complaining you little P-ckerhead!!!!!
                        Your forehead is gonna have a big dent in it, if you are ever man enough to meet up.
                        Haaaaaaaahsha.
                        P-ssy!!!!!
                        lol

you have to be the biggest idiot on the planet taking the bait like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          lol

Did you just put yourself 2nd in line for a dented forehead?

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                            lol

He’ s just angry about the whole situation, and thinks anyone that disagrees with him has a miopic view of the world.

He’s not alone in his beliefs on CWD, TPWD and TAHC. However, the covey of folks that believe as he does is categorically wrong about motivations and science behind control/containment of the disease.
                            Last edited by Encinal; 09-11-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                              I would not eat any venison from any deer taken in any area where CWD had been confirmed. Period.
                              This.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                After listening to the Joe Rogan podcast with Brian Richards, discussions with a few fellow TBH'ers, reading various articles over the past week, as well the MeatEater podcast Brian Richards was on about a year and a half ago, I have some questions for folks.

1. If you hunted in an area with known cases of CWD, would you forego testing for CWD, knowing you could potentially be exposing yourself/family?
                                2. If you had your animal tested, and it came back positive for CWD, would you still eat it?
                                3. Why or why not?
                                4. How many CWD positive deer would you have to shoot in order to stop hunting?

Not looking for arguments about CWD, EHD, TPWD, USDA, or any other govt agency, just a poll from the TBH crowd on how you would react.
                                1/3. Definitely not those check stations are there to research and help handle the problem so not cooperating helps nothing.
                                2/3. No I would not eat it because there doesn't seem to be enough good research to convince me other wise.
                                4. I am not sure if I would stop or not. I would look at it in the way of giving up my heritage and favorite hobby/past time/way of life. If you kill one and don't harvest the meat is it worse to do that or let the animal die in the suffering manner one dies with CWD?

Comment

Working...
                                X