Is Paypal secure??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard S. View Post
    This guy came to me from Craigslist so that's what has me so concerned....My gut feeling is that this is a scam as well...

Thanks for input guys.

PayPal is secure, but in this instance, your gut is correct

Comment

Scam written all over this one.

Comment

It ain't as secure as face to face with cold hard cash.

Comment

paypal.. probably fine.. But when they start throwing out, "and thennnn i'll arrange transportation" immediately a scam.. hah

Comment

Don't do it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
              As long as you have him send the money Goods and Services (there are fees) and you let the funds clear into your account and then as a safety precaution I would transfer the money out of PayPal before I let the item leave.

I have probably done over 100 transactions with PayPal and never had an issue. Closest thing I had was guy gave me a wrong payment email and I send some money to the wrong person. It was caught and reported to PayPal within a day it did take about 2 weeks to get all that straight.
              This!

Comment

Once Pay Pal has CONFIRMED the money is in your account, it is probably OK. That machine also has a title to transfer, doesn't it? Still, be cautious. One of the signs of a bad deal is someone else besides the purchaser picking it up. And transfer the money out of the account right after you receive it.

Comment

For sure a scam, don't do it! These people message me every time I post something on craigslist.

Comment

Pay Pal is not 100% full proof. My brother got burned a few years back with their guarantee.

Comment

Craigslist scam

Comment

what you asking for it? Is it listed in the classified forum on the GS?

Comment

PayPal is definitely not perfect. I sold an item on eBay a few years ago and received payment through PayPal. After the payment was confirmed I waited 7 days to make sure there was no issue considering I was shipping the item over seas. About 3 days after I shipped it PayPal deducted the money from my account due to fraud. After filing a claim not could be done bc the buyer had no funds and their account was suspended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PayPal is secure but your deal is a scam! Don't do it.

Been using PayPal for 10 yrs no problems. Any deal that states transportation for pick up is a red flag in my book. Find a local buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by slabnabbin View Post
                              PayPal is definitely not perfect. I sold an item on eBay a few years ago and received payment through PayPal. After the payment was confirmed I waited 7 days to make sure there was no issue considering I was shipping the item over seas. About 3 days after I shipped it PayPal deducted the money from my account due to fraud. After filing a claim not could be done bc the buyer had no funds and their account was suspended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Never deal overseas! I've always stuck with lower 48 and have had zero issues.

Comment

Kubota RTV500

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                                what you asking for it? Is it listed in the classified forum on the GS?
                                Yes I have it listed on GS... here is the link: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=689588

Have it listed for $7500 but will certainly entertain any offers.

Comment

Working...
                                X