Shooting bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting bags

What type and what filling are you using in the bags @ the range for your AR’s and rifles

I still use the leather bags, Protektor, I think, and real sand, I like the dead weight. I do have a folding "bulls bag" filled with cat litter (unused!) for a portable bag.

Comment

I also like Protektor bags with sand and the hard bottom.

Comment

Midway are cheap and have lasted me for a long time now. They have several different shapes and sizes I like the cylinder shape squeeze bag for the rear and the large triangle bag for the front with a flat bag under it.

Comment

I've always used that Heavy / Fine sand in my Bald Eagle stuff...you can pretty much pack it to your desired taste.

Comment

I make my own out of old blue jeans and khakis and fill with either uncooked beans or rice. The filler material is put in a baggie and the air removed, and then packed in a couple of other baggie to keep the contents dry. The bags are lightweight and easy to carry. My son and I carry at least one in our backpacks when we're out hunting even though there are shooting bags in each of our blinds. Yes, I like real sandbags for shooting, but I cannot afford to carry the extra weight.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Yep them blue jean legs are half way there...I bought 4 from Midway that were on Clearance like $3 each really well made with leather and PINK (breast cancer pink) ...what a bargin they tuff titty ...I put sand in and its fine...but I think I gona try kitty liter on a couple and see ho that work(got idea from above comment)

Comment

Mile High Shooting has one called Traust. I believe it is perfect size to weight ratio for hunting and still provides stable support.
                TAB gear also has a good rear bag that I use.

Comment

I use rice or cat litter.

The zip-up, soft-side lunch boxes make good rests and you can find them at garage sales for change.

Comment

last year I was hunting and needed a bag to make the stand I was hunting out of easier to shoot. i took my sock off and filled it with corn. I still have it and keep it in my backpack I take hunting. works like a charm, and smells like orange (I used orange corn lol)

Comment

I have a good Protektor rest that stays in the blind

I have a few Crown sacks with a 2lb bags of pinto beans that work well when I'm just out shooting
                      big bag up front small bag under the butt of the stock

Comment

I haven't tried it yet but I hear that airsoft bb's work great for filler. I was told not to use the clear ones for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by TXraiderTK View Post
                          I have a good Protektor rest that stays in the blind

I have a few Crown sacks with a 2lb bags of pinto beans that work well when I'm just out shooting
                          big bag up front small bag under the butt of the stock
                          Same here, Crown Royal sacks filled with rice, work good for me.

Comment

I did buy some more new shooting bags to replace the old ones. I got 4 bags front, back, brick, and pillow made by Protektor. I asked on another thread what everyone else was using and I ended up going back to my old standard, but they are great bags and I hope they last as long as the others did. It’s funny how a piece of leather filled with sand can put a smile on your face

Comment

Working...
                            X