High country archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    You ever get ahold of an Obsession or an Xpidition you'll forget all about em. [emoji12]
    I disagree brother, shot them and still like my HCA better

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      You ever get ahold of an Obsession or an Xpidition you'll forget all about em. [emoji12]
      I have shot both. Really like them. I was going to go to Obsession before going with Darton. The Obsessions in stock wouldn't go my dl 30.5" -31". Love their bows and the company however.

Comment

there are a lot of nice bows out there, but my list is Darton 1st - customer service and draw. Then obsession, then probably my old high country.

Comment

High country archery

Originally posted by hcshooter View Post
          I disagree brother, shot them and still like my HCA better

I let my shoulder not my "want to" pic this time. They won't pull like an addiction will. But it's also a tad slower than the HCA's. But only barely. It just has that slowest model Elite style draw force curve. And you can let it down in a hunting situation without it trying to take off like a greyhound after a rabbit. I'm not going back to a speed bow after getting in that situation this weekend.
          Last edited by JW; 12-17-2015, 03:52 PM.

Comment

High country archery

Originally posted by Fingershooter View Post
            I have shot both. Really like them. I was going to go to Obsession before going with Darton. The Obsessions in stock wouldn't go my dl 30.5" -31". Love their bows and the company however.

You didn't shoot an Addiction then.

Comment

Update on my HCA authorized dealer approval, seems everything is good and within the next 30-60 days I will be set up .

Comment

Update on my HCA authorized dealer approval, seems everything is good and within the next 30-60 days I will be set up .
                When you do PM me some prices on the models please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  When you do PM me some prices on the models please.
                  Will do

Comment

Awesome! Get a couple 60#ers for us old guys to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                      I had an iron mace when it was new, great bow. I was kinda cheating because it was 99%let off. still miss it. you will be happy with it
                      99% letoff? At 70 pound peak, that is less than 1 pound to hold it a full draw. I wonder if you drew it, faced it straight down and took you hand off the grip if it would stay drawn with the 3-4 pounds of weight in the bow?

If you do it, post on YouTube.

No matter how great a bow, if there was not a local dealer and support I'd shy away from it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                        I had an iron mace when it was new, great bow. I was kinda cheating because it was 99%let off. still miss it. you will be happy with it
                        I do not think HCA ever made a bow with 99% let-off. I might be wrong, but if they did I did not know. I have kept up with that company since 1989 and must have missed it.

Comment

I've got the '2014 X-10 split limb which is the first Axis with the X2 cams. It's a great shooting bow. The valley is perfect! Enough to hold comfortably at full draw for a length of time against a solid back wall. But not too deep that you'd feel like you need to push it to let down. Very smooth draw and a hardly noticeable tradition into the back wall. Quiet on the shot with the only noise being the string hitting the stop and the arrow hitting the X.

The X-12 is new for 2016 @ 33.5" ata, 7"bh, 345 ibo, 3.8# mass weight, Trinary 2 cams. Despite what it sounds like, the Trinary 2 cams are actually a two track binary cam w adjustable DL via rotating mod from 27-31" w/o a press, and a fully adjustable limb draw stop to get any let-off you like. Note, however that getting that 99% let off as stated above, you assume the risk of locking the bow up.
                          All HCA bows are warrantied to 3gpp and are capable of up to 400fps. That's mist likely attainable at 30/70 at 65% let off. HCA's Carbon Force Speed Pro arrows are available at ArchersChoice.com. Another comparable arrow for extreme speeds is the Carbon Tech Cheetah

Comment

And,also, for those that want longer ata. The Eliminator is available with the T2 cams, 37" ata, 8"bh, 330ibo. Extremely shootable bows, all with a price tag at $900 or less.

Comment

Who is the dealer in midland. I thought I knew all the bow shops in this area

Comment

Chad Carter. Kiowa Archery I believe.

1-432-631-1300

Comment

Working...
                                X