corollary: Cats the Black Death & Gun control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

corollary: Cats the Black Death & Gun control

I know we here get it but I think this is a great example to help educate those who don't.

Trying to stop mass shootings by disarming those of us willing and able to intervene is like killing millions of cats (thought responsible) for the Bubonic plague that were killing the rats who carried the fleas that were actually responsible. Which of course allowed the rats to run free and 50 million Europeans died.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSMnCZeovUg"]Active Killers, Cat Control, & THE BLACK DEATH - YouTube[/ame]

Remember Luby's in Killeen, Texas?

Enough reason right there.

Comment

People better start shooting back to prove it. There were people carrying in El Paso and nobody got shot except innocent people. There's too many of the wrong people getting shot for anyone to get the idea.

Comment

I often wonder if Mexico would be a different place if it's citizens were armed. Each year tens of thousands of people are murdered and go missing in Mexico. Would citizens having the potential of being armed be a deterrent enough to prevent some of this? I would think so. Growing up and living on the border up until six years ago I felt that living in a country where we could defend ourselves kept much of that violence from spilling over. That and the death penalty I think help.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          People better start shooting back to prove it. There were people carrying in El Paso and nobody got shot except innocent people. There's too many of the wrong people getting shot for anyone to get the idea.
          In theory I agree, but when I’m armed with a pistol, and the shooter has a rifle, circumstances will dictate whether I engage. I’m a fair hand with a pistol, but my targets to date haven’t been armed with anything other than antlers or tusks.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            In theory I agree, but when I’m armed with a pistol, and the shooter has a rifle, circumstances will dictate whether I engage. I’m a fair hand with a pistol, but my targets to date haven’t been armed with anything other than antlers or tusks.

I believe this ^^^^^ is a big factor. Lots of people think they know what they will do. You will only truly know when you are in a mass shooting situation.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              So people who got killed or wounded were armed concealed carriers and never fired their weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I believe this ^^^^^ is a big factor. Lots of people think they know what they will do. You will only truly know when you are in a mass shooting situation
                I know exactly what I will do, get myself and my family to safety if possible. If I'm right at the area the shooting starts I will engage if needed or if easy enough to do so.

But I am responsible for our safety, not all the wal mart shoppers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                  So people who got killed or wounded were armed concealed carriers and never fired their weapons?
                  Possibly. Nobody shot back so it's hard telling. He couldn't tell that anyone was armed either.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Seems that most active shooters we hear about do have a rifle. Which is why it'll boil down to one of these two things. "You don't need to carry that pistol." or "Nobody needs rifles like that."

Comment

Working...
                    X