Placing the arrow on the bull's eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
    yep, a lot of folks don't realize its the same discipline just different aiming techniques and that's what Joel Turner explains in his classes....I was scared to shoot compound and recurve at the same time but he mentally gave me an eye opener than they're one in the same and they both compliment each other....
    Yep! Picking up a compound has helped my stickbow game and vice versa.

I haven't taken any coaching from Joel but I took a clinic with Tom Clum and it was a HUGE help. I've had way more problems with my mechanics than I have with target panic (so far) but I do want to train with Joel.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
      yep, a lot of folks don't realize its the same discipline just different aiming techniques and that's what Joel Turner explains in his classes....I was scared to shoot compound and recurve at the same time but he mentally gave me an eye opener than they're one in the same and they both compliment each other....
      You say that on TG and they'll put a hit out on you.[emoji16]
      A lot of things transfer back to the other. I shoot both.

Gary

Comment

Lollypop the spot right on top of the point.

It's much easier, and much less frustrating for me to do it that way, plus I'm not covering up the spot I am trying to focus on.

Rick
        Attached Files

Comment

That's not an exact scale, but you should get the idea from it.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            You say that on TG and they'll put a hit out on you.[emoji16]
            A lot of things transfer back to the other. I shoot both.

Gary

Trad gang is equivalent to a Whiney drama filled sorority house, they’ve banned some of the best/knowledgeable archers in the world because they differed opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are y'all telling me there's a buncha crusty old drama queens in the trad world?!?!? Say it ain't so!!! lol

Comment

His forum his rules. I get some good information there. I may not like the rules, or technically how the are applied inconsistently, but many of the members contribute valuable information. Like a recent thread on bivy camping for elk.
                That said we are spoiled here. This section of TBH has no equivalent that I've found.

Gary

Comment

I've always had a very conscious shooting style - so I don't develop uncontrollable target panic. But I have had target panic. It is a subtle (or not so subtle) doubt that you are going to hit where you want to hit. For me, it is a bad wobble (worse than normal) and I can see it. It develops often times after a series of misses when shooting at critter shaped targets... because every miss on a critter shaped target, I have a hard time "letting go". I've experienced all the same stuff the greats have... the difference is that since the method I used (that came natural to me) was always conscious... I could practice my way out of it... most of it just shooting at balloons and calming my brain down... and perhaps working on a few linkage points.

Comment

I had target panic really bad back in about 2000. A friend suggested that I wait until after dark, go out and stand about 10' from a blank bail, draw, anchor, and release as smoothly as possible without being able to see the arrow or the target or their relationship to one another.

I would shoot about 15-20 arrow like this every night and for two weeks, I never shot my bow during daylight hours.

Fixed the problem and have not had it again in almost 20 years.

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Meuir View Post
                      I had target panic really bad back in about 2000. A friend suggested that I wait until after dark, go out and stand about 10' from a blank bail, draw, anchor, and release as smoothly as possible without being able to see the arrow or the target or their relationship to one another.

I would shoot about 15-20 arrow like this every night and for two weeks, I never shot my bow during daylight hours.

Fixed the problem and have not had it again in almost 20 years.

Wayne
                      ive done the same with archery and firearms. close to the target, draw on a large backstop, close eyes and execute a proper shot. Has helped me in all disciplines.

Comment

I've dealt with target panic for years. A clicker is my saving grace. Since you've tried this, another option would be several sessions of draws and letdowns. Not really sure how you aim. Gap or instinctive. Maybe change aiming methods. I'm totally instinctive and have tried using a pin sight but always go back to instinctive. Panic is terrible.. unless you have it you won't understand. I would recommend a bunch of draw, aim and letdowns incorperated in each shooting session.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X