Devils River SNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devils River SNA

Anyone ever hunted Devils River SNA? I put in for the archery only Exotic they started this year.

Sure have archery will be tough. You will have to hunt fence crossings and water holes. Gun is a little easier but archery is possible. Practice 50 yds and less. It is a fun time, 3 of us took 4 auodad, and 2 goats in just 1 1\2 days. Good luck on the draw.

Comment

nice, thanks for the tips. Would be sweet to get an auodad, how big were they?

Comment

Good luck with the bow. I wouldn't try it, but I'm gettin' old. The country is just to rough and you have to far to climb most of the time just to get into rifle range. That coupled with the fact that they can spot you pretty quick is gonna make it tough. Best way to hunt them is spot (with a good spotting scope) and stalk. I did go two years ago for rifle.

Here's a link to my thread about it.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ead.php?t=5456

Comment

I'm glad that they are offering an alternate to Kerr for exotic archery. I got drawn on Kerr two years ago, and saw fleeting glimpses of a couple of hinds (I think). I don't believe anyone has taken an exotic off of Kerr in the last two years.

Comment

Working...
          X