• Show
Clear All

People probably realize it’s nothing special lol

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
      I have over time come to love a bigger BB, not smaller

DOA

Getting too old to blood trail
      Get some glasses or a better scope. Nothing I have shot with 6.5 has gone anywhere. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
        Get some glasses or a better scope. Nothing I have shot with 6.5 has gone anywhere. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
        I take my hat off to you if you are doing that to 200+ pound pigs

Love to shoot at 200+ yards with 300wm. I just like shooting long distances with big calibers. My preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
          Probably because so danged many of them have been sold in the past couple of years! Stands to reason that whatever is being sold the most will be resold the most.

I looked at buying one but where I hunt I don’t have a shot past 150 yards and it just didn’t warrant being my next gun over what I already have.
          150 yards is perfect for bun gun.

Comment

I dont sail guns either. May trade now and then but not cell. Theres a couple in the safe that havent been out in 5 or 6 years.

That said I bought a CM cause I wanted something new and planned on an antelope hunt. Hadnt killed a deer with a rifle in 7 years till the man bun. I liked it. Then i shot a pig and a deer in the same weekend with a bow. Liked that more

All that out there my laser of death aint for sell

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I dont sail guns either. May trade now and then but not cell. Theres a couple in the safe that havent been out in 5 or 6 years.

That said I bought a CM cause I wanted something new and planned on an antelope hunt. Hadnt killed a deer with a rifle in 7 years till the man bun. I liked it. Then i shot a pig and a deer in the same weekend with a bow. Liked that more

LOL, you covered all of the bases there!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                I've wondered the same, but you see it in new bows too. My opinion, backed up by no facts at all , is that folks always want the latest rage and then find out that it won't work miracles and ain't any better than what they've been using for years.
                Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

As far as the creedmore goes, 6.5’s aren’t new, and from what I know, the 6.5 creedmore isn’t astronomically better than the 6.5x55 that’s been around for over a hundred years. It’s just been rebranded.

Comment

Beats me, of course I am still shooting those ancient 30-30, 243, and 30 carbines. Don't see how a different caliber would make me shoot any better.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
                    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

As far as the creedmore goes, 6.5’s aren’t new, and from what I know, the 6.5 creedmore isn’t astronomically better than the 6.5x55 that’s been around for over a hundred years. It’s just been rebranded.
                    And brought out in a cheap gun (Ruger/TC) with lots of ammo options.
                    Winning!

Comment

The market is flooded with them, lots of ammo choices out there. Hornady did a good advertising job.

I just sold mine yesterday to fund a new gun build. I still like a 7mm-08 and am having one built only this one is a Ackley Improved.

Comment

People can talk bad about it all they want about a fad, but the fact is it’s a good round. Was it marketed a lot to success? Yes it was, but it’s still a good round. Selling mine, but am just going to downgrade in rifle to either another cheaper bolt 6.5cm or AR10 in 6.5cm. There is no other similar 6.5 that you can get factory quality ammo for near as low of a price. From a reloaders standpoint there are some better options maybe. But for a factory ammo guy that wants to get behind a rifle a lot still it’s aweosome. I can run Hornady Black for $17.99 a box at academy and affordably play a lot still.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

You can "sail" guns? Heck I gotta see this, I've been doing it wrong

Comment

Say what you want about the 6.5cm. I have 2 now. An RPR which I shoot factory ammo and just placed 5th out of 32 at 500 yards with factory ammo. Easy to get ammo and not expensive to shoot. For hunting I have a Remington magpul edition. So far no tracking Axis at 200 yards. 2 yotes, one at 339 yards. 4 pigs 2 of them over 200lbs. And lastly an Aoudad! So I’m sold.

Comment

Because people read all the hipe about 6.5 bullets and think that will make me a
                              Better shot when you talk to people who “know” guns and think a 6.5 is gonna make a difference for them when there shooting 65-100 yards to the feeder not where the 6.5 benefits accel this bullet cuts wind well that’s where the difference is At distance when the bullet is exposed to wind for sustained periods at 65-100 yards 22 cal 6mm 7mm 30 cal what’s the difference not much

Comment

Originally posted by bk_tradguy88 View Post
                                People can talk bad about it all they want about a fad, but the fact is it’s a good round. Was it marketed a lot to success? Yes it was, but it’s still a good round. Selling mine, but am just going to downgrade in rifle to either another cheaper bolt 6.5cm or AR10 in 6.5cm. There is no other similar 6.5 that you can get factory quality ammo for near as low of a price. From a reloaders standpoint there are some better options maybe. But for a factory ammo guy that wants to get behind a rifle a lot still it’s aweosome. I can run Hornady Black for $17.99 a box at academy and affordably play a lot still.
                                Exactly. If you reload the creedmoor is pretty low in ranking in great 6.5s. 6.5-284. 264 WM. 260AI. 6.5 saum. All blow the doors off the creedmoor. None have many factory options and none are very affordable unless you reload. The creedmoor is a perfect example of brilliant marketing and making quality low cost ammo available.

Comment

Working...
                                X