No announcement yet.

Fudd Hunt ’07 Update (12/26)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will be there around late thirty Friday night!

Comment

PM me and I'll give you my cell number. Can't post it public. Sorry, work phone...

Hopefully, there will be three of us local boys playing so we can branch off if it gets too crowded.

Were you gonna bring the Buff Buggy Buff?

Comment

Me and the Wildman should be at KOA about 3:00ish Friday afternoon. We have a cabin so I'm sure there'll be extra bunk space if anyone needs it.

LD

Comment

Yes I will bring the buggy.. If we need to I can scatter folks out with it. Where and what time ?? do I still need to bring the meat or is going to be more trouble than it is worth

Comment

Buff, we've got a place to grill, I just don't know if the wind's going to cooperate. There are a couple good BBQ joints out here. But, if you want you can bring it and if the grilling falls through you can always just leave the meat with me.

Comment

ok I will bring it. do you think 20 pounds is enough?

Comment

I'm still on stand-by. Mom was kept in the ICU today (was scheduled to be moved to a room this AM) because there's not enough oxygen in her blood and too much fluid in her lungs? She has steadily improved throughout the day so hopefully she will be moved to a private room by the weekend and able to come home the first of the week.

Under these circumstances, I should probably just pull out but it really means a lot to my nephew (his X-mas from me revolved around this trip) so I'm still playing it by ear to see the timeline on her coming home.

If we can make it, we'll also be in the late-late thirty crowd on Friday night. Probably just grab a room Friday and meet you guys at base camp Saturday AM...may have to drive back Saturday night. Not the fellowship outing I'd hoped for but like I said, we're still playing it by ear a little.

Comment

We're under "Red Flag" conditions today, but supposed to get a weak chance for rain tonight or tomorrow. I'm expecting dry with a little bit of wind. Hope I'm wrong. That'll keep the rabbits down. And the grilling will be a no-go at the range. If we get some rain, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

I wish I was going on this one...yall have fun, be safe, and take lots of nots/pictures. I can't wait for the stories to begin after the hunt.

Comment

My home number is 325-655-1279. I'll probably be hanging around here till folks start getting into town. The phone I had in Rotan was my wife's. The one I'm PMing is mine.

There's a BBQ joint just down the road from the KOA. Next to it, across Red Bluff road is the lake police building. You can get the lake maps there free of charge. They're easier to read too. If you want one.

We'll meet up at the KOA, Friday night. If you don't make the KOA, then we'll meet at the Town and Country down the road in the direction of the hunt lake at 7a Saturday morning. This'll put us chasing rabbits by about 7:30a. That sound okay for you fellers?

Comment

Things here are looking up. I just talked with my mother and she sounds like a million bucks! They moved her to a private room and out of ICU today...I will be taking off work tomorrow so I can spend a little time with her before we hit the road to hunt rabbits with you guys!

Game plan sounds great, Tracy!

Comment

Good luck to all you long ear hunters. Have a safe trip up to the high country and be sure to leave some varmints for seed.

Pics and stories when you return would be appreciated.

Comment

Sounds good to me Tracy!

Buff, do you need me to pick anything up for Saturday night?

Comment

See all you yahoos this evening. I am heading out now.

Comment

Drive careful fellas.

Danny, if you're leaving now, you should be here about 2, 3 at the latest.

Comment

Working...
                                X