No announcement yet.

Butter milk pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t know the last time I had a buttermilk pie. Man that sounds good!!

Comment

My recipe is similar. I will make a buttermilk pie and add chopped pecans.

Comment

recipe looks good, I'll have to try it!!

Comment

MMMMMMMM.....love me some buttermilk pie!

My all time favorite and my wife makes a great one! She took my MiMi's recipe and made it even better.. We made 4 for Thanksgiving and they were wiped out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0068.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	24521972

Comment

As much as I hate buttermilk, I sure do love some buttermilk pie!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              She took my MiMi's recipe and made it even better..
              You can't say things like this and not post what she did to make it better

Comment

Tagged for later

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                  As much as I hate buttermilk, I sure do love some buttermilk pie!
                  I know that's right. I am the same. Hate Hate buttermilk straight.

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                  You can't say things like this and not post what she did to make it better
                  Hahahah....honestly she just tweaked some of the ratios of the main ingredients to make sure the "custard or filling" of the pie was more full and creamy yet still firm. Some BM pie fillings will tend to soften or liquefy as it sits my grandmothers included. The flavor is still great in them, the texture is just a little better imo. The basic ingredients are the same....she just tweaked the ratios. She makes about 20 a year for the holidays so she would make 4 different pies testing out different results.

Plus she adds the nutmeg on the top a little later in the cook so it doesn't burn and instead creates the darker carmelized top you see in my pic.
                  Last edited by Smart; 12-01-2017, 08:04 AM.

Comment

I know that's right. I am the same. Hate Hate buttermilk straight.

Hahahah....honestly she just tweaked some of the ratios of the main ingredients to make sure the "custard or filling" of the pie was more full and creamy yet still firm. Some BM pie fillings will tend to soften or liquefy as it sits my grandmothers included. The flavor is still great in them, the texture is just a little better imo. The basic ingredients are the same....she just tweaked the ratios. She makes about 20 a year for the holidays so she would make 4 different pies testing out different results.

Plus she adds the nutmeg on the top a little later in the cook so it doesn't burn and instead creates the darker carmelized top you see in my pic.
                    Let's try this again... you can't post stuff like this without posting their recipe.

Comment

So has any one tried this recipie, or willing to post the " better " ones? I have never heard of butter milk pie. But after reading this I want to try it, but I want to make one that tastes like the " one" every talks about. ( the best one , I guess you would say)

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                        Let's try this again... you can't post stuff like this without posting their recipe.

Hahaha.....I don't want to hijack the OPs thread anymore than I already have. Send me a PM with an email address and I'll send it to you. I have it in Word format.

Comment

Hahaha.....I don't want to hijack the OPs thread anymore than I already have. Send me a PM with an email address and I'll send it to you. I have it in Word format.
                          I gotta try this Smart.

Comment

hopefully everybody that asked via PM got the recipe.....I've been holidaying and hunting..

Comment

tagged for later

Comment

Love me some buttermilk pie ! Best recipe yet, I just call my daughter and she makes one and brings it to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X