Minn Kota spot lock issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minn Kota spot lock issues?

I am looking into getting a new trolling motor and am looking at Minn Kota i pilot because of the Spot Lock function. MAybe the Terranova ? Saw some reviews that mentioned issues with the spot lock not holding very close. Anyone out there have experience with these?

I will never be without spot lock again. I fish for crappie for the most part and use the spot lock and I-pilot none stop.

Comment

I pilot is the way to go, my buddy has it on his bass boat and it’s great. It’s not going to old you just perfect like a power pole because of the wind but it will hold you pretty dang close.

Comment

The newer generation stuff is much better than the older ones. They went with 2 GPS receivers instead of 1. Motor guide uses 2 as well. Spot lock is awesome and I love being able to use the foot control on the Ultrex. The power steer on the others is too slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In on this. Trying to decide which route to go on the new boat.

Comment

I’d recommend the Ultrex over the Terrova

Comment

Ultrex is the bomb

Comment

Always been a Motorguide guy. Do they not offer cable operated with Pinpoint? What is their answer to the Ultrex? Any crappie fisherman on here using the Xi5?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                  I will never be without spot lock again. I fish for crappie for the most part and use the spot lock and I-pilot none stop.
                  X2

Comment

Ive got an xi5 on the way. Gonna be alot better than what I had. Motorguide sure is alot cheaper to than minn kota

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I will agree very heavily with slew and Buff. I have the second gen Terrova with I-link. And I use the spot lock a lot! Only thing that I could do better with is the Ulterra. But MK don't make one in 12-volt, yet.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        The newer generation stuff is much better than the older ones. They went with 2 GPS receivers instead of 1. Motor guide uses 2 as well. Spot lock is awesome and I love being able to use the foot control on the Ultrex. The power steer on the others is too slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Hey I know you got a Cat tournament coming up in August. I'm sure you know some spots on this lake but if you get to where you need some new water I can point you in that direction. Congrats on the home lake win.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                          Hey I know you got a Cat tournament coming up in August. I'm sure you know some spots on this lake but if you get to where you need some new water I can point you in that direction. Congrats on the home lake win.
                          You could just post those spots here for Texoma. GPS coordinates will work. Why does Slew get the special treatment??

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                            You could just post those spots here for Texoma. GPS coordinates will work. Why does Slew get the special treatment??
                            He doesn't get special treatment. I at least want to see him beat Ezell or that Hancock fella.
                            Winning back-to-back would be kind of cool too!

I can definitely hook you up if you're in need of some GPS coordinates. Only catch is you got to have a kid to take with you.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                              He doesn't get special treatment. I at least want to see him beat Ezell or that Hancock fella.
                              Winning back-to-back would be kind of cool too!

I can definitely hook you up if you're in need of some GPS coordinates. Only catch is you got to have a kid to take with you.
                              Thanks pal..Never been on Texoma. Here's the boy with a couple he caught on Big Sam!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	joey.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	24543324

Comment

Working...
                              X