Staining Concrete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blake8504 View Post
    I think this is the main thing, as well as if how hard it's going to be to remove the tile. Either way we want to remove the tile, it's the small 6x6 squares and just isn't appealing to the eye. That in it's self is going to be a chore..
    We just finished building and the builder messed up when staining ojr floor. They had to go in and do an overlay on the entire floor and then re stain. It turned out pretty good and we are happy with the final results.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice Yellowcat, that looks really good.

It looks like an overlay would be the option if the slab has chips are holes, to give it a clean slate to work with. I'll have to research that some as well.

Comment

Blake: Just man up and do it. Get Logan to help you. We know he would do a good job...

Is Hinson going to "wire" this house too and leave you with a third bedroom unfinished for months? As long as you have a room for me to stay in when I come to town, I'm ok with the move.

Comment

Originally posted by JCroft11 View Post
          Blake: Just man up and do it. Get Logan to help you. We know he would do a good job...

Is Hinson going to "wire" this house too and leave you with a third bedroom unfinished for months? As long as you have a room for me to stay in when I come to town, I'm ok with the move.

I think this one has already been rewired ha.

Plenty of room It's got 3 bedrooms a sperate dining room, plus an added room on the back that we can make into something cool..

Also there are like 3 fake christmas trees in the attic that I already have plans of taking to use as brush on bow blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dspivey View Post
            I wish I knew someone that does this around San Antonio I'd like my patio done.
            Contact Jason S, he is located out of New Braunfels. Plus he is a Txbowhunter member.

Comment

I think this one has already been rewired ha.

Plenty of room It's got 3 bedrooms a sperate dining room, plus an added room on the back that we can make into something cool..

Also there are like 3 fake christmas trees in the attic that I already have plans of taking to use as brush on bow blinds.
              Legit. We can use them to brush in those tripods...You need to stain your concrete soon so we can see if we should stain the floor at the AKE and how hard it is to do.

Comment

Looks good, how's the up keep?

Comment

Another vote for Keimko here.
                  Did ours about 15 years ago and it still looks good.
                  I used the water based sealer satin finish, wished I had used the gloss.

Comment

Any G S that do out side porch stain in the Tyler area?

Comment

I think this is the main thing, as well as if how hard it's going to be to remove the tile. Either way we want to remove the tile, it's the small 6x6 squares and just isn't appealing to the eye. That in it's self is going to be a chore..
                      If you decide to remove the tile, go rent a SDS hammer drill like this: http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-11240-16...s+hammer+drill and get a chisel bit like this: http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW5349-.../dp/B0000224Z8

It will make quick work of your tile and thinset removal and will save your back vs the razor blade scrapers

Comment

Originally posted by txrevolution View Post
                        If you decide to remove the tile, go rent a SDS hammer drill like this: http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-11240-16...s+hammer+drill and get a chisel bit like this: http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW5349-.../dp/B0000224Z8

It will make quick work of your tile and thinset removal and will save your back vs the razor blade scrapers
                        Definitely do this. I did mine with a small impact chisel and it worked good for a small bathroom.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                          Definitely do this. I did mine with a small impact chisel and it worked good for a small bathroom.
                          i used this type when redoing the tile in the kitchen and bath
                          http://www.amazon.com/5-Inch-Grinder...ncrete+grinder plus the diamond cup wheel

just wish i had found this exact kit back then.

Comment

Working...
                          X