A little over a week ago.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had to evacuate our home due to rising flood waters. It was hard seeing our home flood and even harder knowing how widespread the devastation was going to be. We were lucky enough to have a place to stay nearby with friends to weather the storm. Once flood waters receded, we found that we had had over 5 feet of water in our home. We have been very blessed with helping hands. Several incredible TBH members friends, relatives and even complete strangers arrived with tools/supplies and helped rip out sheetrock and damaged materials. SPECIAL THANKS to Curt (Curtintex), Curt (HCShooter), Eddy (coacheddy), Brittany (Brittany<3), Eric Rasmusen and his wife, and all of the other wonderful volunteers. YOU GUYS ROCK!
    We’ve made great progress with the cleanup, but still have a long road ahead. Family is in good spirits and feel very blessed to be part of such a great community who has pulled together in such a wonderful way during these tough times. Stay strong!

-Louie
    Attached Files

BTW, the tanker truck seen in the photo series stalled right in from of my house. In the last photo you can barely see the top of the tank!

Comment

What part of kingwood are you in Louie? Wish I'd known you needed help. We were out and about in humble and kingwood working in homes.

Comment

My heart breaks for y'all. I'm right across the river and in the same situation! I don't have much left but if I can help please let me know!

Comment

Dang Louie sorry to hear that. What do you need??
          Last edited by SKLOSS; 09-07-2017, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Wow, is all I have!

Comment

Some good TBHers right there. Good to see yall are on the road to recovery Louie..

Comment

Chew, we're in Woodstream Village. I didn't get to logon last week, pretty hectic. Kevin, we're in good shape right now...gonna need a weekend away from all this soon though!

Thanks guys. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. We're making headway, little bit each day.

Comment

Prayers up for Y'all. So sorry to see this.

Comment

Prayers. I grew up in Kingwood. We had mandatory evacuations in matagorda county where I live now so I evacuated to my parents house in Kingwood which ended up having more damage than matagorda county. Their home was ok but I saw the damage firsthand and know several people affected there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^^^^ Heck YES. New sexy website. I'm down.

Comment

Geez

Comment

Cut it out Russia!

Comment

Working...
                          X