? On Manufactured Tiny Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? On Manufactured Tiny Home

Looking for options to put some type of housing that is removable & not permanent on our land possibly.
    Either mobile home or tiny house pre manufactured & have it delivered & leveled & blocked

? Is what type insurance policy on a tiny house in Tx that is stationery? Even if it became a permanent dwelling at some point what type policy? Do they insure these similar to any other manufactured home?
    Not financed but paid for

Ask your current agent if they will put an actual cash value policy on it.

Comment

Here's a link to some cool manufactured and moveable cabins. I have no insurance-related info to add.

WELCOME TO LELAND’S CABINS, AMERICA’S PREMIER CABIN BUILDER Leland’s personal story of building deliverable prefab cabins began in Kentucky in 1993 when he built the first 10 prefab park model cabins for Jellystone Campground. In 2003 Leland Ulrich and his cousin, Corey Yoder, founded Leland’s Industries.

Comment

The tiny homes are expensive. I shopped them a few years back. I got a 16x60 3/2 single wide mobile home for the ranch. It was 10K cheaper than the tiny homes and twice the size. I paid cash for it and have it and contents insured through Hochheim Prairie for like 700/yr.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
          Here's a link to some cool manufactured and moveable cabins. I have no insurance-related info to add.

https://www.lelandscabins.com/
          Those prices are insane but they are nice products. I got a 16x60 3/2 mobile home. It was the base model by Titan/Champion. Central Heat, no A/C (I put window units in it) furnished it with the cheapest stuff from NFM, had it delivered and hooked up to utilities. I think my total out of of pocket was 43K.

Comment

How many do you want?
            What amenities?
            We are slow, I wouldn't mind building a few or a few dozen

Comment

I think you get more for your money with a mobile home.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                Those prices are insane but they are nice products. I got a 16x60 3/2 mobile home. It was the base model by Titan/Champion. Central Heat, no A/C (I put window units in it) furnished it with the cheapest stuff from NFM, had it delivered and hooked up to utilities. I think my total out of of pocket was 43K.
                Yep, the way you went gives more bang for the buck for sure. The Leland's cabins are darn nice! We went to the manufacturing facility in Grandview, TX to look at the models. Not cheap though
                Last edited by sandbill; 04-17-2020, 04:17 PM.

Comment

"tiny house" is like "wedding" when it comes to pricing stuff.
                  oh you want this cake?
                  That'll be $20.
                  Oh it's for a wedding?
                  That'll be $230 + decoration fee

Comment

Buy a 5th wheel

Comment

I got a tiny house for sale! Lol..

cost me about 35k for me to get it and finish it out by myself.

Comment

Metal Building (Barndominium) pull RV inside for Real Quickie

Comment

Working...
                        X