2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reel Screamer View Post
    I have 2 of the “Shrimp Tail Specials” if anyone is interested. I’m in Houston. PM me.
    PM sent

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Yeah bud if you take that side cover off and adjust the brakes, you can set it up to where you don’t even have to touch the spool, hands free. Lol. It won’t cast as far but you won’t backlash. Once she starts getting the hang of it, back off a little bit until she gets dialed in. My wife can chunk it with the best of them and she don’t fish that much.
      Yeah might have to get her a nice pretty reel maybe one of them seafoam concepts and the pretty factor will bring her to the dark side.

Comment

Anybody run the Texas One gps card by standard mapping? Little bit more expensive than the navionics but ive heard its worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          Anybody run the Texas One gps card by standard mapping? Little bit more expensive than the navionics but ive heard its worth it.
          I’m running one. Night and day difference from navionics. The satellite image is amazing for learning to navigate new areas. Very well built map.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
            I’m running one. Night and day difference from navionics. The satellite image is amazing for learning to navigate new areas. Very well built map.
            Awesome man and appreciate the info. Buddys got one and loves it.

Which model are you running? Looks like they havr 3 different ones and not sure if they all have the satellite imagery or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Yeah might have to get her a nice pretty reel maybe one of them seafoam concepts and the pretty factor will bring her to the dark side.

Chris, get her a Diawa Coastal TWS... It will serve the "pretty factor" AND is the fishinest I've used in a long time. I dumped my curados for 'em and have not been disappointed. The magnetic braking system can be set where literally anyone can throw them. And they're made for the salt environment...

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post

I’ve been wanting to get this card as well. Been trying to reach the guy from STD Map ever since the Houston fishing show. Called, emailed, texts. Nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gpena View Post
                  Any plans to hit the surf soon Rob?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gabriel - Haven't made any plans yet. Winds and surf have been somewhat iffy to plan a window to give it a whirl. Really wanting to see some clean surf conditions with a 1-2ft wave condition on the first three sandbars. I'll keep you posted....maybe gather a group on PINS soon?

Run and gun some inside stuff with long rods and lures....maybe soak a live bait for a tarpon or some near shore kings? Mix things up. Float a live bait out past the third - sitting in the kayak? Lotta options - need less wind and cleaner water to be consistent enough, to have a window to plan.

Saturday was my first run on the Laguna since last year. Ran Aransas Pass - Ingleside the weekend prior - picked up some specks casting lures near the Ingleside / Corpus Christi bay Spoil islands. Running around and checking areas I typically fish from the skiff - subtle changes noted with a lot of run time to burn old fuel out of the boat fuel cell. Emptied the tank - fresh tune.....good to go now!
                  Last edited by AtTheWall; 05-26-2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    I think josh just shed a tear....[emoji16][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    Lol... that ain't right!

Good stuff Philip with the kiddo!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                      I’ve been wanting to get this card as well. Been trying to reach the guy from STD Map ever since the Houston fishing show. Called, emailed, texts. Nothing.

Looks like they have a website and think you can order it off Amazon as well. Just trying to decide which one to go with.

Comment

Looks like they have a website and think you can order it off Amazon as well. Just trying to decide which one to go with.

They do but I had some specific questions like you about which one to get. I hate having to beg people to take my money. [emoji30]

Comment

Hmmm...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. I saw that. I’m off today but I got my daughter. She ain’t quite big enough to wade the beach. Lol

Comment

Heard really good reports from this morning.

Comment

So I bought my map card from legends cartography about 2 years ago. So it says standard mapping on it so I’m not really sure who made it. It’s called Texas coast unleashed I’m pretty sure. But I can’t seem to find them online anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X