Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like all the creepy crawlies

Comment

If it ain't got shoulders, arms or legs and can move faster than me, its satanic.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
        If it ain't got shoulders, arms or legs and can move faster than me, its satanic.
        Nobody said you had to be on your belly too

Comment

I have no problem catching snakes ... dekays, garter, ribbon, corn, indigo, king, milk, hognose, rat, etc.. I respect them all and they don't bother me. I kill every moccasin I see and if hunting or in the woods, I usually give the rattlesnakes a pass.

Comment

You would be surprised how many people I've converted from hating snakes to tolerating them and some have even grown to like and appreciate snakes for what they are. My mom is scared of snakes but she can probably identify most if not every snake in this part of the country. My 10 year old sister has never known what being afraid of snakes is like. From the time she was little she's been around them. She'll walk by a box of rattlesnakes or move it out of her way and never think twice about it. She knows not to pick one up but she doesn't run away screaming when she sees one either.
            Last edited by okrattler; 05-18-2020, 11:24 PM.

Comment

If you see a snake somewhere, burn it down. They’ll make you need to change your underwear

how’s that, Man?

In all seriousness, I don’t care for them, but I know they have their purpose. Close to the house, if they’re poisonous then I’ll relocate or dispatch them. Non venomous get a pass to keep the mice at bay but away from the house, they all get a pass. Out there I’m an intruder in their home, no sense in me killing them. Close to my mother in laws, they’re gonna die because I ain’t dealing with her being ticked at me. She hates them and I do her bidding when I see one around her yard

Comment

I am afraid of snakes. Always have been.

It’s a legitimate phobia and one that’s not uncommon.

I’ve learned over the years to have respect for snakes, and try to educate when I can on “good” snakes and “bad” snakes. One thing that remains the same is every venomous snake I cross paths with will probably die.

Comment

The Bible tells us that we will have a blood feud with the serpent forever.

Genesis 3:15 New International Version (NIV)
                  15 And I will put enmity
                  between you and the woman,
                  and between your offspring[a] and hers;
                  he will crush[b] your head,
                  and you will strike his heel.”

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    Don’t bother me one bit.... but roaches they make my skin crawl! Rather be in a pit of snakes then around 1 roach.
                    We are in the same boat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Moccasins,rattlers/canebreaks,red yella kill a a fella and copperheads all die if I am able.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Country snowflakes. Bonus cool points if you say something a burning a place down or crapping yourself after seeing a snake.
                        I'd be willing to bet its the same guys on here that normally get pedicures.

Comment

Goes back to Adam and Eve

I used to be mildly scared of them, mostly due to being surprised by them.

Only ones I whack now are venmous around the house or Rat snakes in the hen house.

Spotted a small coachwhip while I was mowing the yard Sunday but had no fear or desire to kill it

Comment

I kill the poisonous ones, especially around the house, don't have any problem with the others.

Comment

Venemous don’t get a pass. My luck I’d wind up getting bitten by one I’d let go. Non venomous get to live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                                Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                That's a very good question, one I have wondered about for years. The only time I have any fear of them, is when I know they are venomous and I just saw them when I am well within striking distance. Usually as I am about to step on one.

Comment

Working...
                                X