Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remodeling home, thinking about removing remaining tub

Hiya Braintrust,

We remodeled out master bath which had a tub, to a walk in shower six months ago, we are considering doing the same for other bathroom in the house that has a tub. This would mean that there would be no bathtub in the house.

Has anyone done this? I hear resale value is supposed to be less, we are planning to be here 15 more years.

Anyone done this?

Thanks in advance.

If your staying, do what suits you. In 15 years it will be ready for another redo anyway.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

I would think 1 tub is practical for kids Or grandkids !
      But that’s just my thought.

Comment

As you get older, you may want or need a tub. Something to consider.

Comment

Does anyone bathe anymore? I say rip it out. I put one in a new house couple years ago...my daughter has used it once.

Comment

I can count on one hand the times I have taken a "bath" in the past 3 years

Flu "body ache" or do a lot of heavy lifting and a soak in a hot bath seems to help

Wouldn't be the end of the world if I only had walk in showers though

Comment

Only good for bathing babies

Comment

I can’t stand a tub, but I wouldn’t be without one. And it will limit your lookers at resale

Comment

We remolded the bathroom in the hall way and put in a shower. After Harvey remodel we did the master and decided to put in a very nice shower there. No regret’s,

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    Only good for bathing babies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Like you already said, only downfall would be resell. Someone buying with small children would probably prefer to have a tub.

Comment

Working...
                      X