California firearms question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California firearms question.

My daughter has just finished up her senior year at La Tech and has accepted a position with a company in Santa Rosa. Ca. We are moving her out there at the end of next week and I’m going to be driving a Uhaul out there and flying back.

I have no intention of making that trip by myself with out having my sidearm on me. Do I just go to a local FFL when I get there and have it shipped back to myself or can you check a pistol at a California airport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think you should be able to check in a pistol with luggage, out of California. I would probably call the air line company and ask them if they know of any problems. I am sure they will love you out there, brining a pistol into their state and air port. I ****** off some woman, with TSA, when we flew back from Salt Lake City. I assume she was from California. She tried very hard to destroy by bag to get it open, to inspect the pistol. A normal person with common sense would not have had any problem getting the bag open, I have never had a problem opening the bag. But she did and made a big scene, then tried to destroy the bag to open it. I am sure so I would not have a place to safely carry the pistol, so I would not be allowed to take it back with me. That was not going to happen. Then I had two other TSA agents stop me as I approached her to keep her from destroying the bag. I had given her the correct key for the bag, but she tried every other key on the ring, then tried to destroy it, when she could not open it with every other key on the ring. I had to slip past the two other TSA agents, then take the keys from her, show her the correct key again, then show her how easy it was to open the lock. Once she emptied everything out of my bag, made a big mess, she stuffed everything back in, then tried to break the zipper, because the bag was a long way from closing after she put everything back.
    I am sure if you get the wrong TSA agent in California, they will work very hard to create a problem.

Comment

We’ll never hear from you again................

Comment

You may need to make sure it's less than ten rounds and has a bullet point mag release.
        I would just carry a revolver

Comment

I would join calguns.net & go straight to those that know & ask direct...that state shifts directives on a dime. Those chaps will set you on the right path. It's a good site with good members in a horrible state in regards to the 2nd

Comment

Yes, have your ducks in a row before you take a handgun to california. It must be on their list of acceptable guns.

Comment

Are you a member of Texas Law Shield/U.S. Law Shield? They have attorneys on staff and on retainer, I believe, who can answer your question. Additionally, the May be able to help you get out of a sticky situation (such as the one described above) should you find yourself in one.

I’ve been a member for many years but I’ve never had to avail myself of their services.

Comment

Leave a clip in your car. Leave your clip w someone in Cally. Come home and thank the good Lord you live in Texas.

Comment

Buy a new small pistol for your daughter. Carry with you on the drive but leave it with her for your return.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                    Buy a new small pistol for your daughter. Carry with you on the drive but leave it with her for your return.

Just decided to do that tonight. I’ll take her Glock and her fiancé will have his Sig with them when they leave a couple days later. Problem solved. Should have thought of that earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                      Dang good idea.

Comment

Have her find another job in Texas!

Comment

California has all kinds of restrictions on firearms. I know when they shoot major USPSA matches in CA they have to jump through all sorts of fiery hoops to get guns, magazines and ammo in and out.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                            My daughter has just finished up her senior year at La Tech and has accepted a position with a company in Santa Rosa. Ca. We are moving her out there at the end of next week and I’m going to be driving a Uhaul out there and flying back.

I have no intention of making that trip by myself with out having my sidearm on me. Do I just go to a local FFL when I get there and have it shipped back to myself or can you check a pistol at a California airport?

If it were me I would trailer my truck and drive home!!!!’

Comment

Originally posted by airehead View Post
                              If it were me I would trailer my truck and drive home!!!!’
                              I'd tell my daughter if she's moving to liberal land O' nuts then She's on her own!

Joking of course but my daughter would agree

Comment

Working...
                              X