Air compressor from harbor freight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air compressor from harbor freight

Wondering if anyone have issues with the vertical 125psi 21gal air compressor. Have one rarely used, and now it will not stay 9ne to fill tank. Trips the reset switch on tank. Called their service dept (what a joke). All they ask is is it cold (this will cause issues ), is there oil in it. They say it could be electrical issue, put it plugged direct to 120v outlet. I can turn it on and 5sec later it shuts off and have to wait few seconds hit the reset button..back on

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

What is the reset switch protecting, pressure or the motor?

Comment

It’s Harbor Frieght........I don’t think you buy there for quality and customer service..........

....its the gamble you take, and believe me, I have done this. Some things are ok, others......not so much.

I just bought a framing nailer there last night. I hope for the best.

Comment

I've got one, I leave it on 24/7 in the shop never had a problem in the 2 years I've owned it. I Drain the tank once a week. But I do know it will trip the reset if the the oil in it is around freezing temps. But we are talking about a harbor freight product, it's either the best or the worst.

Comment

First, if the motor tripped and not the pressure valve, then the relief valve won't let pressure of the head. Difficult to restart with pressure on the head. Pop the relief valve manually. This is the first step after motor trip. Next, drain all the air out of it. Turn it on and let run. Does it run until the pressure relief trips? If so, it was too cold. My Ingersoll does that when it is cold. Once everything warms up, it works fine.
          Last edited by hot_rod_eddie; 01-05-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Just take it back, that’s the good thing about HF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
              Wondering if anyone have issues with the vertical 125psi 21gal air compressor. Have one rarely used, and now it will not stay 9ne to fill tank. Trips the reset switch on tank. Called their service dept (what a joke). All they ask is is it cold (this will cause issues ), is there oil in it. They say it could be electrical issue, put it plugged direct to 120v outlet. I can turn it on and 5sec later it shuts off and have to wait few seconds hit the reset button..back on

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
              I'm in Houston and it hasn't froze up here, and the temps are near warm. So being too cold may not be issue. Haven't used all summer when hot, tried to use late August when temps in 90....cycles then motor shuts off. Can't take back as past 2yr warranty time

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe this will help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had this problem with our HF compressor it turned out to be the switch. It had got hot and melted the plastic between the wires and they were touching causing it to short. $25 on ebay got a new switch and haven't had a problem since.

Comment

I bypassed the red reset switch on my motor because it was always tripping
                    At first thought the motor was bad. It has been working for over a year now.
                    Just take the four long bolts out and ease the back motor cover out enough to by pass the reset switch.

Comment

Working...
                    X