No announcement yet.

cabinet smoker ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doubt . Just a street over from us across the tracks use to be a guy shell is his last name I think . Any how he use to process deer for people the smell would fill the air. Was great will def post some before during and afters . Thanks for the inspiration

Comment

The smoker i built was a cooking smoker, not a cold smoker. I can send you a link if you are interested. Used a propane burner for heat source. Works like a champ and lots of room. Cooked 2 chickens, a 15 lb brisket, 2 links of sausage, and 2 deer shoulders this weekend with LOTS of room to spare.

Comment

Link would be great .

I'm not looking to do no anything more than summer and smoked sausage slim Jim's that kinda thing at most 170° +- 5°

Going to use charcoals and wood chips

Comment

Originally posted by TexAg2002 View Post
          The smoker i built was a cooking smoker, not a cold smoker. I can send you a link if you are interested. Used a propane burner for heat source. Works like a champ and lots of room. Cooked 2 chickens, a 15 lb brisket, 2 links of sausage, and 2 deer shoulders this weekend with LOTS of room to spare.
          Less see the link this is what I am wanting to build

Comment

smoker build link

sorry for the post to another forum, but here it is. I have tweaked mine a little bit just for looks, but the basic design is the same. works like a champ for me. I keep it under 250 with a propane heat source and cast iron skilet of chips for smoke. Looking at getting one of these to make it a cold smoker.

Shop for wood pellet grills, smokers, and griddles. Try new recipes and learn about our 8-in-1 grill versatility. Our grills help you craft BBQ recipes to perfection.

Comment

smoker build link

Last edited by TexAg2002; 12-11-2012, 08:22 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

http://forums.mathewsinc.com/archery...r-plans-41686/

sorry for the post to another forum, but here it is. I have tweaked mine a little bit just for looks, but the basic design is the same. works like a champ for me. I keep it under 250 with a propane heat source and cast iron skilet of chips for smoke. Looking at getting one of these to make it a cold smoker.

http://www.amazenproducts.com/Produc...ctCode=AMNS6X8
                Fantastic D-I-Y

Comment

Here is a pic of mine. The wife gave me a hard time about it looking like an outhouse, so I ran with the theme. Complete with cresent moon smoke vent. Also, I used steel smooth dowels in the place of his wooden dowels. They don't soak up grease and are easier to clean. (and I had them lying around) Still trying to come up with a good grease trap design for this, but my next one may just have an expanded metal bottom. enjoy!
                  Attached Files

Comment

What wood do you all use ?

Comment

I use mesquite or hickory with my briskets, and fruit or pecan with pork or poultry. chips soaked in water.

Comment

I use mesquite or hickory with my briskets, and fruit or pecan with pork or poultry. chips soaked in water.
                        thanks

that is good to know , ill be trying pair wood from a pair tree i am fixin to trim back,

but i ment wood to build , oak expensive , pine or ceder .

thanks though

Comment

Originally posted by h2447intx View Post
                          thanks

that is good to know , ill be trying pair wood from a pair tree i am fixin to trim back,

but i ment wood to build , oak expensive , pine or ceder .

thanks though
                          oops, my bad. I just used 3/4 pine ply for mine. Not as pretty, but budget friendly.

Comment

oops, my bad. I just used 3/4 pine ply for mine. Not as pretty, but budget friendly.
                            thanks
                            yes that is why i asked ,, keep the budget friendly .

Comment

Ag could you post pics of the inside of your?

Comment

How hot can it get inside with out worry about the wood catching on fire? I would like to hot smoke some sausage cause it is a lot prettier to give to friends as gifts. But the fire threat keeps me cold smoking. All I need to get to 170.

Comment

Working...
                                X